Windows 10: Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics

Discus and support Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys! I've been stuck on this problem for weeks and I can't seem to find a fix or anyone to know anything about this in other forums. Basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Morke97, May 8, 2019.

1. Morke97 Win User

Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics

Hello guys!
    I've been stuck on this problem for weeks and I can't seem to find a fix or anyone to know anything about this in other forums. Basically what I did was I went to install a clean version of Windows 10 using the media creation tool, after the installation I tried upgrading MBDA display driver to Intel Graphics 630 and in the middle of the installation process my screen went black. Tried a lot of different things like: reinstalling windows, using ddu to uninstall the drivers in safe mode and then installing them back, upgrading from 1803 to 1903 windows 10..Nothing seems to fix this issue. The only way I can use my pc is to boot in safe mode and roll back the driver to Micorosft Basic Display Adapter, but doing so my pc is kinda laggy, I can't connect an external monitor or control my screen brightness. Please help I'm desperate...

:)

Morke97, May 8, 2019

2. Microsoft basic display adapter is not avaliable anymore.

Before in the device manager under display adapters, there was Microsoft basic display adapter, but now it has my graphics card in place of it. Does anyone know how I can get Microsoft basic display adapter option back so I can install the Intel graphics
    drivers or how I can get the drivers without it?

JacobMorgan1, May 8, 2019
  3. KSh-903 Win User
    The graphics driver shows as “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” after upgrading to Windows 10

This is what worked for me. After upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 devise manager shows Microsoft display basic adapter, I selected driver update then my pc and browse to C: drive then it auto searched my C: drive and found my old graphic card and
    installed the correct display driver which was NVidia and listed correct model. Now the monitor is identified by the correct name and model, and I was able to adjust display to the recommended settings it was 1600x900 which it was not an available option
    under Microsoft display basic adapter,

KSh-903, May 8, 2019
  4. Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics

The graphics driver shows as “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

With regard to your query, your Display Adapter is listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of the correct driver name. If you have recently update your display card driver, and this problem comes along, what we can try to do here is to roll the
    display adapter's driver back to it's previous version.

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter's category, and right-click Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Roll Back
      Driver.

If rolling back the driver is unavailable, update the display driver manually.

• In Device Manager, expand Display
      adapter's category and right-click Microsoft Basic
      Display Adapter, and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Update Driver.
    • Select Browser my computer for driver software.
    • Click the Browse button, then navigate to the folder where you place the downloaded display card driver setup file.
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics

1. Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade Microsoft

2. microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter: microsoft basic display adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-adapter/c3f88116-72f2-480d-93dc-9b37b5c4b807
  3. Microsoft Basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Basic display adapter: Hi folks,first of all I wanna say I know this question has been asked a lot but after many tries I still haven't found a fixAfter updating my drivers with driver booster and a restart I noticed my NVidia drivers were replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"I have tried...
  4. Microsoft basic graphics adapter not updating to Intel HD Graphics

Microsoft basic graphics adapter not updating to Intel HD Graphics: so i had this nvidia graphics adapter and whenever i updated its driver it only made my screen black and i cant see anything so i had to remove the driver update everytime because i though i can fix it somehow with something, but i got tired one day and just deleted it i had...
  5. microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft basic display adapter: VGN-FS570, clean install from xp to win 10 having a problem the graphic display, only seeing microsoft basic display adapter, not getting the full screen of the display, cannot change the adapter, tried to install adapter, not supported by your device the problem is cannot...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: Hi Gents, I have an Acer Aspire E5-575T-58WH recently I had problem with Graphic, Screen turned white and froze If i used Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, it worked fine but Windows keep updating it. Is anyway I can prevent Windows update it, thanks....
  7. Microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft basic display adapter: The name of GPU is not shown in device manager, it's showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER. And when I try to upgrade GPU DRIVERS it's told best drivers are already installed. And Nvidia installer cannot continue is also being written when I try to install it by Nvidia...
  8. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: Driver cannot be installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-adapter/1596a9b8-f87d-4a42-908b-f285f803dd18
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: I have a GTX 1050ti but device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter i tried updating it but it didn't work i tried updating my OS to Windows 10 but it still shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" i tried plugging my graphics card to other computers it works but it...
  10. Microsoft basic display adapter.

Microsoft basic display adapter.: The driver is the default that I use along side my amd display driver. I recently updated my graphics driver, and it got rid of the microsoft one. Now I am not able to change my brightness. I checked device manager and it is not there. I tried to add legacy hardware but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft basic display adapter update screen turns black