Windows 10: Unable to upgrade to Build 10166

Discus and support Unable to upgrade to Build 10166 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've had no problems upgrading to newer builds until now. The upgrade from Build 10162 to Build 10166 stops at 95% on the final install screen 82% on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Classic57, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Classic57 Win User

Unable to upgrade to Build 10166

I've had no problems upgrading to newer builds until now. The upgrade from Build 10162 to Build 10166 stops at 95% on the final install screen 82% on configuring settings, then goes back to Build 10162 when I restart. Any ideas? *Confused

:)

Classic57, Jul 11, 2015

2. Unable to upgrade from build 10166 to build 10240

Thanks @Zigzag

But my copy will be activated after 29th right. Or do I have to downgrade then upgrade again?

SauravBaral, Jul 11, 2015
  3. Unable to upgrade from build 10166 to build 10240

I had installed Build 10240 but because of the WIFI issue I had to revert back to 10166. After I downgraded, I was unable to upgrade back to 10240 as it was not showing in the update. I reset my pc thinking some setting might be involved in preventing my
    upgrade. Even after reset, the update did not show. Is there any way to get the update?

From today it started showing that my windows is not activated. Is there any way to resolve this issue?

SauravBaral, Jul 11, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

Update 7/13: We’re only a couple of weeks away now from our public release of Windows 10, and we’re preparing for the world to begin the upgrade process. Windows Insiders have been the first to see our work on Windows 10 at every stage. Now you will also be the first to get a build flighted to you using the channels that we’ll use for targeting and deploying to PCs for our staged rollout.

We’re suspending the availability of Windows 10 builds briefly while we prepare for that, and the next build that we flight to you will be delivered using the production channels. Starting tomorrow, we will also not be delivering any additional ISOs at this point as we really need Insiders to be using, stressing, and validating our distribution and upgrade processes. We’ll make ISOs available again in the future, but for now we ask you to upgrade your current build via Windows Update once the next build is released.

Specifically, this means that in the next 24hrs:
    •Builds 10162 and 10166 will no longer be offered over Windows Update, and whatever build you’re on will show as “up to date” if you check for new builds.
    •ISOs for build 10162 will be taken down from the Home page - Windows Insider Program site and prerelease keys will no longer activate builds.

Once we have a new build available we’ll let you know through here with a blog post, Insider Hub, and on Twitter.

We’re very close to our public release and we’re working very hard to get everything just right. Please continue to send us problem reports using the Windows Feedback app for any problems that you encounter.

batlhilz, Jul 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Unable to upgrade to Build 10166 - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade Build

2. UXStyle v 0.2.4.2 on Build 10166

in Windows 10 Customization
    UXStyle v 0.2.4.2 on Build 10166: Hi everyone Has anyone had this problem installing UXStyle Community Edition version 0.2.4.2 on Windows 10166? When I click on the INSTALL button I get the message "Uh, oh, something went wrong" There is a link to a log file. See picture and log file attached. [img]...
  3. Build 10162 will not update to 10166

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10162 will not update to 10166: I had the same problem with build 10130 not updating to 10162. I had to upgrade with the preview iso. Running it in Oracle VM VirtualBox What is going on? 8035
  4. sound blaster in build 10166

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound blaster in build 10166: I can not get my sound blaster x-fi titanium pci express sound card to give me sound through the right channels even though Ive uninstalled the support pack for 5.1 surround audio that was compiled from another sb user that did work in the last build; and then reinstalled it....
  5. Build 10166 dvd drive and virtual drive

Build 10166 dvd drive and virtual drive: Hello i updated to this build ( which is really stable BTW). I tried to mount an iso but it didnt mount. Then tried with daemon tools but still no luck. I went to device manager and it shows a yellow caution mark beside my dvd drive and the virtual drives so i tried to...
  6. build 10166 device manager

build 10166 device manager: Have a look at the new mmc snap-in manager, right click view customise NICE Roy 8023
  7. What is the next build? 10166 runs too well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the next build? 10166 runs too well: Seeking for the latest release? If 10176 is illegal then give me another release to test.... 8203
  8. Stuck on Build 10166 Windows Update not giving newer builds

Stuck on Build 10166 Windows Update not giving newer builds: Hello everyone, For a few weeks I'm already stuck in Build 10166 of the Windows Insider program, Microsoft said that insiders would receive the launch version before public but I still haven't received an update to the final version yet. However non insiders already have...
  9. Not seeing build 10240 from build 10166

Not seeing build 10240 from build 10166: I am currently running Windows 10 Build 10166 (Canada/French version x64 - Core). It was an upgradfe from build 10162. I have tried to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, rebooted many times, went from Fast to Slow (and then Slow to Fast) ring. Still no updates at...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166: Update 7/13: We’re only a couple of weeks away now from our public release of Windows 10, and we’re preparing for the world to begin the upgrade process. Windows Insiders have been the first to see our work on Windows 10 at every stage. Now you will also be the first to get a...