Windows 10: Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have this ACER Nitro 5 with OEM WIndows 10 Home and have been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro months ago from MS Store. A few weeks back I'm reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Fahmi Noor Fiqri, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store

I have this ACER Nitro 5 with OEM WIndows 10 Home and have been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro months ago from MS Store. A few weeks back I'm reinstalled my laptop with clean installation and it reactivated as Windows 10 Home. Now when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 again from my previously purchased license from MS Store, it says error 0xC004F050.

I've tried several solution including:

1. Use generic upgrade key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T to temporarily upgrade to Pro
    2. Use "slmgr /upk" to remove the license and upgrading from MS Store
    3. Use "slmgr /upk" again and then run the Troubleshooter

None of them work, either my Windows stays in Home or it just says 0xC004F050. Here's the screenshot.

Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store 4a1e3070-d828-4d4a-ac8d-7f99556c2dd9?upload=true.png

:)

Fahmi Noor Fiqri, Dec 2, 2020
  2. bbinnard Win User

After 1809 upgrade unable to run Skype or Microsoft Store

Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store [​IMG]

Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store [​IMG]

I've not been able to find any mention of this problem with 1809 yet. I had no problem running the update. Tried turning firewall off - no help. Tried re-registering Store - no help. Needless to say my internet connection is fine. I also verified that both SKype and Windows Store are in the list of apps allowed through the Defender firewall.

bbinnard, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store

1. Unable to upgrade to Pro from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade Pro

2. Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store: While having the Microsoft store upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro, the installation failed with the error code 0x80070490. The installation appears to have been successful, but the installed on date appears to the date I updated to Windows 11 Home.Edition Windows...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store: While having the Microsoft store upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro, the installation failed with the error code 0x80070490. The installation appears to have been successful, but the installed on date appears to the date I updated to Windows 11 Home.Edition Windows...
  4. win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.: I purchased home to pro upgrade from Microsoft store. Upgrade install gets to 99% then fails with error code 0xc004f050. According to Microsoft this is an activation error. My account shows the purchase. I have done; wsreset.exe, ran activation trouble shooter, ran update...
  5. No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option in Microsoft Store to upgrade from home to pro: I literally just got my dell inspiron today and I have spent the entire day trying to follow steps to upgrade the home OS to pro. There is no option to upgrade it. I have reinstalled the OS twice and I'm really getting tired of the tutorials and forums online not helping. I...
  6. Unable to install windows 10 pro from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install windows 10 pro from microsoft store: All I recently purchased Windows 10 Pro thru microsoft store. Once the payment was successful, there was a Install button in the store. When I try to install, it does not get installed and after restart it says undo changes and removing my updates. Not sure what I need to...
  7. Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...

Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...: I purchased a digital upgrade to windows 10 pro, I previously had windows 10 home. Now I have an un-activated windows 10 enterprise, and am unable to activate windows 10 pro with the activation troubleshooter. Error code 0x803F7001....
  8. Unable to Activate Windows after upgrading to Pro from the App Store.

Unable to Activate Windows after upgrading to Pro from the App Store.: A couple days ago, I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store app. Afterwards, my computer shows as not Activated. My copy of Windows 10 Home came on a CD I bought from Newegg 4 years ago, and the key has worked until the upgrade. I didn't...
  9. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro brought from Microsoft Store using other system.

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro brought from Microsoft Store using other system.: I have bought an upgrade for windows 10 pro from Microsoft Store using my personal laptop but I wanted to use it for my other desktop pc. When I click Activation>Go To Store, i'm unable to do the upgrade even though I can see the update history in browser under my Microsoft...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store: Got a new laptop that comes with Windows 10 Home(activated). I just bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro. After installation, the version that i have now is Windows 10 Enterprise instead. It's not activated and I can't even activate it nor run the troubleshooter....