Windows 10: Unable to upgrade to Win 10 Pro purchase or find electronic licence

Discus and support Unable to upgrade to Win 10 Pro purchase or find electronic licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Windows Pro for workstations, through my Microsoft Account using PC a. for subsequent installation on PC b.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dr MartinWhite, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Unable to upgrade to Win 10 Pro purchase or find electronic licence

I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Windows Pro for workstations, through my Microsoft Account using PC a. for subsequent installation on PC b. When try to upgrade PC b. and access my Microsoft Account it requests that I "Buy" again from Microsoft Store rather than an "Install" option. I did not receive a "digital Licence" by email, and I unable to see it stored in my Microsoft Account. The Software upgrade to Win 10 Pro is listed in my account.

I have tried using Microsoft Help App and Phone contact x2 calls , 3 hrs total, and cut off on both occasions. Frustrated+++

How can I load my upgrade onto onto PCb. and activate same. I have tried a sign on option for PC b. using my Microsoft Account and repeating the upgrade process to no avail. Help urgently requested.

Martin White

:)

Dr MartinWhite, Mar 26, 2020

2. Unable to upgrade to win 10 pro

I purchased win 10 pro from the MS store in Oct 2016. This downlaoded and upgraded ok. Recently the laptop died and has now been replaced. The new laptop came with win 10 home and has been activated. I now want to transferv my licence for pro to the new
    laptop but I never received a key when I purchased it, it was a digital licence. But when I go to the MS store it does not allow me to upgrade. I am using the same MS account as I had used when I purchased pro. Any suggestions?

I spent several hours with tech support last night and wound up being updated to 1809, biut still only home not pro.

Petr Hrasky, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Hi Guys,

I have only a digital licence for Win 10 Home.

Microsoft say

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

There appears to be no way to purchase or obtain a DIGITAL licence from Microsoft - only a product with a licence.

So how can I obtain a DIGITAL licence?

that is the question ( thanks to Shakespaear)

I don't appear to have a digital Pro licence, otherwise I would expect it to appear on my MS Account. It is exceedingly frustrating, but I suppose that it is all part of the fun.

JohnStorey11, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Unable to upgrade to Win 10 Pro purchase or find electronic licence

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to upgrade to Win 10 Pro purchase or find electronic licence

1. Unable to upgrade to Win 10 Pro purchase or find electronic licence - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade Pro

2. unable to upgrade to win 10 home to pro!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to upgrade to win 10 home to pro!!!: i need to activate win 10 pro in ALL IN ONE Lenovo pc. when i bought it this pc, already have win 10 home. but, i am trying to upgrade win 10 pro. but, couldn't activate!!!windows is looking purchasing key!!!but, i try with win 10 multi key.key is activated but not change to...
  3. Win 10 pro licence type

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 pro licence type: Does anyone know the win 10 pro licence type Brytesoft sell? Trying to explain why paying $30 for something worth ~$200 is legal in some situations but not in others. I'm assuming it's OEM but of course it doesn't say on the site. submitted by /u/applesilla [link]...
  4. Unable to find the purchase made to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to find the purchase made to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Just purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft strore and I can't find it - I bought it to change my language from Chinese to English because I can't read anything - please help ***Original title: Just purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft strore and I can't...
  5. purchase licence

purchase licence: I have been running a win 10 Enterprise and it says it will soon expire. I do not want to do a reinstall because of software Im have on this computer. Can I purchase a licennce and activate this Win10 I am running?I can't find the proper place to purchace the licence...
  6. Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence: I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC. I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check...
  7. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence: My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7 Pro key to upgrade that laptop. Will that approach still work? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should also...
  8. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence: My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7 Pro key to upgrade that laptop. Will that approach still work? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should also...
  9. Purchased win 10 pro upgrade, now not activated

Purchased win 10 pro upgrade, now not activated: I purchased a new HP laptop 4 days ago with win 10 home. Yesterday I purchased win 10 pro upgrade from win store. when i rebooted today system says not activated. Troubleshooter error is 0x803F7001. Trouble shooter can't fix, please help. Michael...
  10. Unable to upgrade to win 10 pro

Unable to upgrade to win 10 pro: I purchased win 10 pro from the MS store in Oct 2016. This downlaoded and upgraded ok. Recently the laptop died and has now been replaced. The new laptop came with win 10 home and has been activated. I now want to transferv my licence for pro to the new laptop but I never...