Windows 10: Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys

Discus and support Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thought I'd bite the bullet and "upgrade" my 64 bit windows 7 PC to windows 10, as Win7 is apparently about to become obsolete. Big waste of a day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dfare9gtegadafg, May 24, 2019.

1. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys

Thought I'd bite the bullet and "upgrade" my 64 bit windows 7 PC to windows 10, as Win7 is apparently about to become obsolete. Big waste of a day. Initially the upgrade program didn't like that I had Security Essentials installed, so Windows made me uninstall it (seriously Microsoft, your upgrade program isn't compatible with your own antivirus software?!). Then it had a hissy fit over the drives I had installed, so I had to unplug all HDDs except my main Windows drive. THEN it wouldn't complete the upgrade due to some issue with jraid.sys, failing with the error IRQL not less or equal. Was a fun process trying to kick my computer out of a repeated reboot loop - thought I was going to have to reinstall Windows 7 at one point.

How can I get around this? All my drivers are up to date, I just checked them all. Windows Update is up to date (it always is...). I have, of course, now reinstalled Security Essentials. I'm not impressed with this Windows 10 so far...

:)

dfare9gtegadafg, May 24, 2019

2. DRIVER IRQL PROBLEM - since Windows 10 upgrade

Hi, Rob

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

The error that you are facing “DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (netwsw00.sys)”
    is caused by the reasons below:

• Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted Microsoft Windows device drivers. (very common)
    • Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Netwsw00.sys-related software change (install or uninstall).
    • Virus or malware infection that has corrupted the Netwsw00.sys file or related Microsoft Windows program files.
    • Hardware conflict after installing new Microsoft Corporation hardware, or hardware related to Netwsw00.sys.
    • Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Microsoft Windows.
    • Netwsw00.sys blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
    • Netwsw00.sys STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
    I suggest that you perform the methods mentioned below and check if you can resolve the issue:

Method 1:

It's highly likely that your Netwsw00.sys blue screen errors are related to corrupt or outdated device drivers. I would suggest that you open Device Manager and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark besides any drivers. If so I suggest that you
    un-install and re-install the driver and download the latest update of the driver for Windows 10.

Method 2:

Perform a full system scan to check for any virus or malware infection. If there is any I suggest that you remove the infected file or folder.

Method 3: System Restore

• Click the Start button, then click on Settings
    • Then click on Update and Security, locate and select
      Recovery
      and click on Advance Startup.
    • You will now enter the Windows Recovery Environment, once there click on
      Troubleshoot and then Advance Options.
    • Click on "System Restore". Enter any administrator passwords (if prompted).
    • Follow the steps in the Wizard to choose a restore point.
    • Restore your computer
    Method 4: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 24, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 24, 2019
  4. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (igdkmd32.sys) Help please

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (igdkmd32.sys)
    In this case am unable to boot my system as well as sometimes my keypad also showing some missing.

And one more think am unable to change password for my old user without internet instead of after updated to 10. Please help to troubleshoot.

rageshrock, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys

1. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade due

2. unable to activate Core isolation due to "wdcsam64_prewin8.sys"/"oem23.inf"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to activate Core isolation due to "wdcsam64_prewin8.sys"/"oem23.inf": Hello, I am trying to activate core isolation, but i am unable to because a driver wont let meAfter finding the incompatible driver wdcsam64 prewin8.sys/Published name: oem23.inf, I want to remove it but i am unsure whether or not doing so will damage my laptop Lenovo Ideapad...
  3. unable to activate Core isolation due to "wdcsam64_prewin8.sys"/"oem23.inf"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to activate Core isolation due to "wdcsam64_prewin8.sys"/"oem23.inf": Hello, I am trying to activate core isolation, but i am unable to because a driver wont let meAfter finding the incompatible driver wdcsam64 prewin8.sys/Published name: oem23.inf, I want to remove it but i am unsure whether or not doing so will damage my laptop Lenovo Ideapad...
  4. Windows 11 22H2 failed to upgrade due to cpuz149_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 failed to upgrade due to cpuz149_x64.sys: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11 22H2.After some times restart, my laptop gets a BSOD:SECURE_PCI_CONFIG_SPACE_ACCESS_VOLATIONcpuz149_x64.sysI searched the whole disk, I cannot find any file named cpuz149_x64.sys,even with a Linux Live USB....
  5. Windows 11 22H2 failed to upgrade due to cpuz149_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 failed to upgrade due to cpuz149_x64.sys: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11 22H2.After some times restart, my laptop gets a BSOD:SECURE_PCI_CONFIG_SPACE_ACCESS_VOLATIONcpuz149_x64.sysI searched the whole disk, I cannot find any file named cpuz149_x64.sys,even with a Linux Live USB....
  6. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to the error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to the error: I was trying to upgrade my system but got Error: 0x8007001F-0x20006 the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during replicate oc operation. How to sort it out?...
  7. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. hi, i just started having this issue yesterday after i got a new modem on tuesday and put in the new password for modem/ router... ATaT device... followed the stems on the forum gladly the blue screen has the error indicated... any way i seem to...
  8. windows 10 unable to upgrade due to AVG antivirus app

windows 10 unable to upgrade due to AVG antivirus app: hello, I have tried severally to upgrade to windows 10 v.1903. however, a dialogue box opens prompting me to uninstall AVG antivirus first before proceeding. I. do not have the app installed in my hardware, how do I resolve this issue? please help....
  9. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to an error 'This PC can't be upgraded...

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to an error 'This PC can't be upgraded...: Using MediaCreationTool1903 I tried to upgrade from win7 to win10 and in its final stages it produced an error saying “"This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached “May 29, 2019—KB4497935”. . . . It appears...
  10. BSOD After Windows 10 Upgrade error e22w8x64.sys and L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD After Windows 10 Upgrade error e22w8x64.sys and L1C63x64.sys: Hey guys first time poster but i dont know where else to turn. After the upgrade from 8.1 I started seeing a BSOD with the error e22w8x64.sys but it wasn't that common. Now thought its as soon as I try to install a game, open multiple browser tabs or try to watch a YouTube...