Windows 10: Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Discus and support Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to in-place upgrade my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 using the W10 Upgrade Assistance (currently on Windows 7 SP1). During several attempts,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fazio437, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Fazio437 Win User

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Hello,
    I'm trying to in-place upgrade my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 using the W10 Upgrade Assistance (currently on Windows 7 SP1).
    During several attempts, I'm stuck with a different errors, now 0xc1900107.
    Any advice on how to proceed?
    Thank you!

:)

Fazio437, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade

2. While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...: I am facing a problem when Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Getting an Error: "Unable to upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again, 0x80010105 "...
  3. While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...: I am facing a problem when Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Getting an Error: "Unable to upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again, 0x80010105 "...
  4. Unable to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 11: I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 11. I have an ASUS PRIM 9550M-A motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 5 4600G CPU and 8G of memory on the VM. On the motherboard, I have enabled Advanced > AMD fTMP Configuration > Enable Firmware TPM. The drive boots UEFI. The "PC Health Check"...
  5. Unable to upgrade to Windows 11

Unable to upgrade to Windows 11: I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 11. I have an ASUS PRIM 9550M-A motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 5 4600G CPU and 8G of memory on the VM. On the motherboard, I have enabled Advanced > AMD fTMP Configuration > Enable Firmware TPM. The drive boots UEFI. The "PC Health Check"...
  6. Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro: Greetings team,I am having similar situation as mentioned in the Community Forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-windows-11-home-to-11-pro/c6cda4cd-d4ca-4fc7-bc7d-578dd4a10930. I have a OEM key and would like to upgrade from Windows 11...
  7. Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro

Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro: Greetings team,I am having similar situation as mentioned in the Community Forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-windows-11-home-to-11-pro/c6cda4cd-d4ca-4fc7-bc7d-578dd4a10930. I have a OEM key and would like to upgrade from Windows 11...
  8. Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise: I have a product key with me and ran it through the Change Product Key in Settings > System > Activation. It always flashes that it's 100% complete and then throws an "Unable to upgrade your edition" error with the code 0x80070490, I tried it once more until I read that you...
  9. Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise

Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise: I have a product key with me and ran it through the Change Product Key in Settings > System > Activation. It always flashes that it's 100% complete and then throws an "Unable to upgrade your edition" error with the code 0x80070490, I tried it once more until I read that you...
  10. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows after upgrade: I am unable to view the activate by on phone on 5 laptops that I have here. Whether it is from settings or by running Slui 4. That commands only gives me a window to enter a new product key.I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 and need that Window to work to use the code to...