Windows 10: Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to upgrade a Razor laptop from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. We purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro that came with the DVD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinB260, Feb 13, 2019.

1. KevinB260 Win User

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade a Razor laptop from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. We purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro that came with the DVD and a license key. Each time we try to enter the key in the activation window we get a:

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 27d4c846-6aa4-4f69-95ff-ad5279196abe?upload=true.png

I have reinstalled Windows from the DVD (labeled Windows 10 Pro) and gotten the same results. The laptop is fully updated and has nothing on it except a fresh install of Windows 10. I formatted the hard drive to make sure everything was gone. I tried using the default key with no success and I also used the media creation tool to perform an upgrade. Each time i try the upgrade it says install window 10 Home and doesnt give me an option to pick a different one.

The one curious part is that each time it says that Windows Home is activated with a digital license. I have not logged in with my Microsoft account and only used the default user created at install.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to accomplish this task?

Thank you,

Kevin B

:)

KevinB260, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade Pro

2. Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro: HiI recently tried to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro and I encountered some problems. The things that I have tried:Downloaded Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to upgrade to Windows 10. I selected to perform an upgrade and the tool displayed an error...
  3. Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro: HiI recently tried to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro and I encountered some problems. The things that I have tried:Downloaded Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to upgrade to Windows 10. I selected to perform an upgrade and the tool displayed an error...
  4. Unable to upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Keep getting "The Product Key you entered didn't work." 0xc0041050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-windows/925678d4-7bfc-41d4-8ef1-fbb2b854d7fb
  6. unable to upgrade to win 10 home to pro!!!

unable to upgrade to win 10 home to pro!!!: i need to activate win 10 pro in ALL IN ONE Lenovo pc. when i bought it this pc, already have win 10 home. but, i am trying to upgrade win 10 pro. but, couldn't activate!!!windows is looking purchasing key!!!but, i try with win 10 multi key.key is activated but not change to...
  7. Unable to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Unable to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Due to the pandemic, I have to work from home. Because of that I recently bought a new gaming desktop, an HP Omen Obelisk mainly for running graphically intensive work for my company. Realizing that the Pro version of Windows is more secure, I decided to upgrade from the Home...
  8. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: My Dell Inspiron i7391, running Windows 10 Home pre-installed, will not upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the microsoft store,it keeps on saying "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" when ever I press install or try again, no matter what I do, can anyone help me...
  9. Unable to upgrade to win 10 pro

Unable to upgrade to win 10 pro: I purchased win 10 pro from the MS store in Oct 2016. This downlaoded and upgraded ok. Recently the laptop died and has now been replaced. The new laptop came with win 10 home and has been activated. I now want to transferv my licence for pro to the new laptop but I never...
  10. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows S

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows S: I keep getting an error when I try to upgrade it for free... Could someone kindly help? ): Many thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-from-windows-s/8ca835e1-ba24-486e-953f-b76426500bfd