Windows 10: Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.

Discus and support Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I recently heard that windows 11 has been released. However I did see what surface devices were eligible for an upgrade and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OzielTijerina, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.

Hello everyone. I recently heard that windows 11 has been released. However I did see what surface devices were eligible for an upgrade and unfortunately I don't think mine is eligible. I own a surface laptop 1st gen. I do not think they will allow that to upgrade to windows 11. In fact I do not know. When I go to the PC health check app, it just tells me "your organization manages updates on this pc". I haven't gotten the message that my PC cannot upgrade to windows 11. I do not think it can anyways since it is a 1st Gen surface laptop. Can someone please help me confirm that I definitely can

:)

OzielTijerina, Oct 20, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible. :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 20, 2021
  4. BK999 Win User

Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.

Surface 3 thinks it's a cell phone

So you're saying the issue seems to be that Google Play thinks my Surface 3 is an Android device? I can see that. However, I don't know the steps I took originally to modify my Surface 3.

I deleted the GoToWebinar app on my Android phone, then went into Google Play with my Surface 3 and found GoToWebinar. As you said, there's a green "Installed" button and, when I click on it, it gives the devices to which I can install it. However, the dropdown
    menu only shows my LGE LM-G710 phone, my Surface 3 is not listed.

So it appears Google Play thinks my Surface 3 is my LG phone.

BK999, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.

1. Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible. - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade surface

2. windows 11 upgrade for my laptop not eligible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 upgrade for my laptop not eligible?: Hello, I have a HP Laptop that is i7-7500U @ 2.70GHz, PC health check says CPU not eligible for windows 11. I am reading that certain CPUs are not eligible because of security vulnerabilities. However, on health check it states that TPM 2.0 is available and active, I thought...
  3. windows 11 upgrade for my laptop not eligible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 upgrade for my laptop not eligible?: Hello, I have a HP Laptop that is i7-7500U @ 2.70GHz, PC health check says CPU not eligible for windows 11. I am reading that certain CPUs are not eligible because of security vulnerabilities. However, on health check it states that TPM 2.0 is available and active, I thought...
  4. Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade: Hi, I'm trying to figure out why my PC is not meeting the requirements for Windows 11. I've run the pc health check app and my results come back as this :- I have verified that secure boot is enabled in bios and I've clearedunloaded and loaded the keys- I have quad core 3gz...
  5. Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade

Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade: Hi, I'm trying to figure out why my PC is not meeting the requirements for Windows 11. I've run the pc health check app and my results come back as this :- I have verified that secure boot is enabled in bios and I've clearedunloaded and loaded the keys- I have quad core 3gz...
  6. Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why can't my Surface Pro be eligible to upgrade to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't my Surface Pro be eligible to upgrade to Windows 11?: It is frustrating to keep seeing that notice on the Windows Update tab that says "your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements to upgrade to Windows 11".It is frustrating having a Surface device that won't upgrade to its company's new device. Why did I spend crazy money on...
  8. Why can't my Surface Pro be eligible to upgrade to Windows 11?

Why can't my Surface Pro be eligible to upgrade to Windows 11?: It is frustrating to keep seeing that notice on the Windows Update tab that says "your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements to upgrade to Windows 11".It is frustrating having a Surface device that won't upgrade to its company's new device. Why did I spend crazy money on...
  9. Why is my PC not eligible for upgrade to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my PC not eligible for upgrade to Windows 11?: I have a Dell Inspiron 24 5459 AIO. I have Intel Core 7-6700T CPU @ 2.8 GHz which is larger than the 1 GHz requirement https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-not-eligible-for-upgrade-to-windows/fa305f9c-0f7f-4367-a779-9b081b3f3c97
  10. Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.

Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.: Hello everyone. I recently heard that windows 11 has been released. However I did see what surface devices were eligible for an upgrade and unfortunately I don't think mine is eligible. I own a surface laptop 1st gen. I do not think they will allow that to upgrade to windows...