Windows 10: Unable to upgrade windows 10 home single language to PRO

Discus and support Unable to upgrade windows 10 home single language to PRO in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought an upgrade to pro from windows store, a long time ago, windows 10 comes pre installed on my laptop, an Acer F15, Im from Argentina, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Emilio MartínAlvarado, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Unable to upgrade windows 10 home single language to PRO

I bought an upgrade to pro from windows store, a long time ago, windows 10 comes pre installed on my laptop, an Acer F15, Im from Argentina, my language is Spanish Latin American

At that time I have no problem

But now, on clean windows 10 install things changed

If I use a usb stick with windows 10 1809 ES-LA it works fine, I CAN make the upgrade, the install leve me with HOME and after the install ends, using my account the upgrade to pro gives no problem

But any new version gives me errors, I test 1909, 2004 ES-LA

At last I try 2004 but ENG and works fine, allow me to upgrade with my account

WHY? where is the problem

I dont want to install 1809, it make me spent a lot of time updating and not always went fine

What can I do?

Last, Im not a newbie, I have a lot of windows installations on me, 20740, 20741 and 20742 im waiting the end of covid quarentine to take the tests

I make the usb sticks with windows media creation tool

Thanks to all

:)

Emilio MartínAlvarado, Oct 15, 2020

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 Pro Single language and Win 8 Pro Single language.

Hello Vishnu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this.

• Kindly let us know were you able to see any error code/ error message while upgrading to Windows 10.

I would like to inform that, Windows 8.1 single language will be upgraded to Windows 10 single language.

I suggest you to perform an Media creation toll and install Windows 10 on your computer and check.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

For further quires on Windows 10 I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article:

Windows 10 FAQ

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 Pro Single language and Win 8 Pro Single language.

I have windows 8.1 pro single language. Will I get windows 10 pro? While upgrading using ISO, the product was asked. But the product key of my current OS, which is legitimate, is not being
    accepted. I would also like to know about the upgrade from Windows 8 Pro Single Language and
    Win 8.1 Single language and to Win 10 pro. Please help.

VishnuNandakumar, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Visclaus Win User

Unable to upgrade windows 10 home single language to PRO

Upgrade of windows 10 single language

Hello!

I have a question. At this moment my laptop has Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition installed. That's the problem for me, because i can't change system language to English. It's important for me, because when the file system appears in my native language
    some problems occurs, such as encoding troubles while working with file system etc. So the only thing i want to do is just to upgrade my Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition to Windows 10 Home. I don't need an upgrade up to Windows 10 Pro, just Windows
    10 Home with ability to change system language as i want. Is it possible? I haven't found any solution, all i get is suggestions to upgrade to Pro version.

Thank you in advance for your response!

Visclaus, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to upgrade windows 10 home single language to PRO

1. Unable to upgrade windows 10 home single language to PRO - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade home

2. Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise: I have a product key with me and ran it through the Change Product Key in Settings > System > Activation. It always flashes that it's 100% complete and then throws an "Unable to upgrade your edition" error with the code 0x80070490, I tried it once more until I read that you...
  3. Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise: I have a product key with me and ran it through the Change Product Key in Settings > System > Activation. It always flashes that it's 100% complete and then throws an "Unable to upgrade your edition" error with the code 0x80070490, I tried it once more until I read that you...
  4. Windows 11 Home Single Language upgrade to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home Single Language upgrade to Windows 11 Pro: Hello, I recently bought a windows 11 pro key, for my laptop so I could change the language. After I installed Windows 11 Pro, it says that windows is not activated although a bought a key for windows 11 pro. I believe that the problem is caused because my laptop was...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home single language to Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home single language to Windows 10 pro: Hi I had a Dell Inspiron, which comes with Windows 10 Home single language OEM, now I am looking to upgrade it to window 10 Pro. I had few questions here: If I upgraded through Microsoft store, the license will be of OEM it-self else it will be the retail type. So that...
  6. Windows Home Single Language to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Home Single Language to Pro: Hi For work, I needed my pc to be in english, but I'm from Brazil, so the pc came with a single language version in portuguese. So, I wanted to know if I upgrade from windows home single language to Pro if I'll be able to install a language pack and have two languages on my...
  7. Upgrade windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro

Upgrade windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro: I am having windows 10 home edition, i want to upgrade to Windows 10 pro, how to upgarde? Please inform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-10-home-single-language-to-windows/3d41397d-6190-49ca-bb25-553d86e057d8
  8. Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro: Hello everyone. I have this version of Windows 10 Home Single Language linked to my microsoft account as it came with the laptop i bought a couple of years ago. I recently wanted to upgrade to Pro and got myself a key online and, as have seen many people say, the...
  9. Windows 10 Single Language Upgrade to Windows Home

Windows 10 Single Language Upgrade to Windows Home: I purchased a desktop computer in Russia and recently discovered that I can't change the display language to English. The only available option I've found so far is to fork out a ridiculous sum of cash for Windows Pro for a bunch of features I don't need. What other...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Single Language Insiders Preview Home to Pro.

Upgrade Windows 10 Single Language Insiders Preview Home to Pro.: I would like to update my windows 10 home single language insiders preview to pro with a clean installation ISO... [moved]...