Windows 10: Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

Discus and support Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Duffmann, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Duffmann Win User

Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering the product key, I get an error message as shown below.Is there any solution for this error? As I was told some time ago that this product key should work.Thanks

:)

Duffmann, Dec 31, 2022

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 31, 2022
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Dec 31, 2022
  4. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

windows 10 key

I read through most of that thread and it seems you have to jump through windows insider hoops. Is there a Retail Windows 10 x64 PRO ISO I can download directly from microsoft that my windows 8 key will work with?

Easy Rhino, Dec 31, 2022
Thema:

Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

1. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key - Similar Threads - Unable Upgrade home

2. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  3. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  6. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key: Hi there.I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license from Microsoft online back in 2015. I was e-mailed a license key which I still have. I've been using this license on a Parallels virtual machine on my Mac. I will soon decommission this virtual machine and I will be purchasing a...
  7. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key: Hi there.I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license from Microsoft online back in 2015. I was e-mailed a license key which I still have. I've been using this license on a Parallels virtual machine on my Mac. I will soon decommission this virtual machine and I will be purchasing a...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key: Hello! I have one quick question: Is it still possible to use an old Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade my Windows 10 to professional? I saw in articles online that it was possible but when I went to activation and put in the Product Key in my email from when I bought Windows...
  9. unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key: I have a product key for windows 10 pro. when i input this product key to upgrade to pro, an error gets generated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-windows-10/df590ca3-f52f-4a20-b8d7-7e4920e3f690
  10. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...