Windows 10: unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key

Discus and support unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a product key for windows 10 pro. when i input this product key to upgrade to pro, an error gets generated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anandthakur1, Dec 24, 2020.

1. unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key

I have a product key for windows 10 pro.

when i input this product key to upgrade to pro, an error gets generated.

:)

anandthakur1, Dec 24, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Dec 24, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 24, 2020
  4. unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key

1. unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key - Similar Threads - unable upgrade home

2. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error: With my previous laptop with Windows 10 Home, I purchased a product key from MS to upgrade from Home to Pro in 2020. I have since had a new laptop with Home and wish to upgrade to Pro. I recovered my old Laptop back to its orignal Home version of windows 10 I then used...
  4. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro possible using product key?

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro possible using product key?: Hi So we bought a Lenovo laptop for business use with Windows 10 Home, with the intention of immediately upgrade it to Pro. I have done this in the past on a Surface Pro, with no issues. This time it will not accept the new product key I just scraped clear on the previously...
  5. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?: Is what I am asking possible? I first bought an upgrade from the Microsoft Store and it hasn't worked. The install installed Windows 10 Enterprise. Using system restore I went back to Windows 10 Home. Now when I try install at Microsoft Store I get the error 0xc004f050. I...
  6. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key: My brother gave me a computer that has an non-activated version of Windows 10 Pro on it. I have a new Windows 10 Pro product key which I have entered in the 'change product key' settings. I receive error 0x803F7001 and am told to buy a new copy of Windows from the...
  7. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  8. Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro with a product key fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro with a product key fails: Hello Community. I have a new Dell XPS15 64bit with W10 Home. My old laptop has a goosed display and I have located from its hard drive the Key from my W10 Pro. But when I try to upgrade my Dell XPS15 using the Product key from my old laptop W10 Pro the process fails to...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key but my computer needs a Windows 10 Pro License. Is there any way to upgrade my product key from Home to Pro? I would be willing to pay extra to upgrade but I don't want to pay for two licenses....
  10. Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key

Upgrade Window 10 Home digital license with Windows 10 Pro product key: When trying to upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro we are getting this error 0xc004f050. The original license is a digital license and the upgrade we are trying to perform is a purchased license key....