Windows 10: unable to upgrade windows following factory restore to 1803

Discus and support unable to upgrade windows following factory restore to 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just did a factory restore on my system to get rid of the digital cobwebs of three years of use. everything is now back to 1803, and windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cybot, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Cybot Win User

unable to upgrade windows following factory restore to 1803

I just did a factory restore on my system to get rid of the digital cobwebs of three years of use. everything is now back to 1803, and windows update seems to be working properly, and it wants to upgrade the build to 20H2, before the factory reset, I was running 21H1, albeit with some issues that not even a windows reset would solve. I would have thought the upgrade through WU would have started upgrading me to 1909 before going to 20H1, and then of course 21H1. I have run SFC and chkdsk, but being freshly returned to factory state, as expected did not have any of that sort of issues. I have n

:)

Cybot, Jun 20, 2021
  2. dorsetlad Win User

How to restore factory settings

Sorry,as stated in my original post, i am unable to restore to factory settings since upgrading to Windows 10,because the Windows 8.1 restore information has gone. That was the essence of my query. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Brian

dorsetlad, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Windows 10 Pro version 1709 to 1803

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version 1803 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer

Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101
    • 0x80070643

Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you.

Al Burc, Jun 20, 2021
  4. unable to upgrade windows following factory restore to 1803

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

unable to upgrade windows following factory restore to 1803

1. unable to upgrade windows following factory restore to 1803 - Similar Threads - unable upgrade following

2. Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade: Hello,I had two PC's - AAA and BBB with AAA named Matt and BBB named DESKTOP-JHBE6M6. At the weekend I built a new PC we'll call this CCC .I got rid of PC AAAI put the hard drive from PC BBB into PC AAA, so now that PC is named DESKTOP-JHBE6M6 and Windows is activated saying...
  3. Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade: Hello,I had two PC's - AAA and BBB with AAA named Matt and BBB named DESKTOP-JHBE6M6. At the weekend I built a new PC we'll call this CCC .I got rid of PC AAAI put the hard drive from PC BBB into PC AAA, so now that PC is named DESKTOP-JHBE6M6 and Windows is activated saying...
  4. Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 1803 unable to upgrade to anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1803 unable to upgrade to anything: Hey all, I've recently tried to install the new Edge but the installer was blocked until I could install all the latest updates. This is when the problems started. I've always noticed that Windows updates were failing and rolling back on restarts but I never really paid real...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade: I recently upgraded my Motherboard on my PC. Following this upgrade I have been unable to activate Windows 10 Pro again on my device. I reached out to support and they were not able to get the key to work, telling me that it may be tied to my old motherboard. I was told...
  7. Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access internet following Windows 10 upgrade: I am getting the message "this application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". This comes up when I try to access the internet through Chrome - and other applications aren't responding. This is the latest of several problems getting a...
  8. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...
  9. Unable to upgrade windows, stuck on 1803, error 0x800700003

Unable to upgrade windows, stuck on 1803, error 0x800700003: Hello, I'm stuck on 1803, i've tried updating to 1809 but i receive the following error 0x800700003. I've tried to update to 1903 and I receive the following message "This PC cant be upgraded to windows 10, your pc has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of...
  10. Unable to upgrade windows to 1809 from 1803

Unable to upgrade windows to 1809 from 1803: Hi there, I am attempting to upgrade to the newest version of windows ( 1809 ) since it is important to my work. I have attempted using the update assistant but it says there is no available update. My system is currently running windows 10 pro Version 10.0.17134 Build...