Windows 10: Unable to Upgrade Your Edition

Discus and support Unable to Upgrade Your Edition in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought Windows 10 Pro last year and installed it on ONE machine ONLY. Last week, I decided to install Ubuntu 20.04 on that machine and upgrade my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bradley Kisia, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Unable to Upgrade Your Edition

I bought Windows 10 Pro last year and installed it on ONE machine ONLY. Last week, I decided to install Ubuntu 20.04 on that machine and upgrade my other machine's Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Shock on my if that is an English phrase when I got the message "Unable to upgrade your edition". The message goes on to say "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key. If you think you do have a valid licence or key, select Troubleshoot below. 0x803fa067.

For one, there was no Troubleshoot button, but I did better... I called the Microsoft team and they told me that I had used the product key for activation multiple times... THAT IS NOT TRUE, I have used it once on the machine that is now running Ubuntu 20.04 and now Windows on that box. So, are you guys saying that my purchase of over 200$ I bought in Kenya is of no use after 18 or so months only? Really?!?!?!?

:)

Bradley Kisia, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 30, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Oct 30, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Unable to Upgrade Your Edition

Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Upgrade Your Edition

1. Unable to Upgrade Your Edition - Similar Threads - Unable Upgrade Edition

2. unable to upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to upgrade.: i am unable to update my windows 10 system. showing critical security patches missing yet cant do anything about it. have tried troubleshooter no avail. under advanced troubleshooter it shows system was scanned due to persistent errors but it has done nothing. Microsoft store...
  3. Unable To Upgrade your Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Upgrade your Edition: i can't upgrade my windows 11 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-your-edition/58bdbd84-d01b-4916-b632-3700e02fe5c2
  4. Unable To Upgrade your Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable To Upgrade your Edition: i can't upgrade my windows 11 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-your-edition/58bdbd84-d01b-4916-b632-3700e02fe5c2
  5. Unable to edit file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to edit file: I am trying to trim a clip recorded to my secondary SSD but I don't have permission to edit it? This is my personal pc and I'm not sure why it says that as I am the only person that uses it and there are no other accounts. Thank you! please ask anything if required. This was...
  6. Unable to edit file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to edit file: I am trying to trim a clip recorded to my secondary SSD but I don't have permission to edit it? This is my personal pc and I'm not sure why it says that as I am the only person that uses it and there are no other accounts. Thank you! please ask anything if required. This was...
  7. Unable to edit file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. unable to upgrade your edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to upgrade your edition: Last week Microsoft Update ran and did its thing.We noticed the computer freezing/locking. Try to do hard shutdown and it was hit or miss.Ran the restore settings prior to the update.It failed. The amount of stuff it showed was completely foreign to me been using Windows...
  9. This tool can’t upgrade your PC – Language or Edition isn’t supported

in Windows 10 News
    This tool can’t upgrade your PC – Language or Edition isn’t supported: [ATTACH]Some PC users are reporting they encounter the error message This tool can’t upgrade […] This article This tool can’t upgrade your PC – Language or Edition isn’t supported first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Upgrading Windows Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows Edition: Would I lose my data if I upgrade the edition of my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-edition/6ce171e3-a2d3-46d9-b572-2d0baed9280d