Windows 10: Unable To Use 3-Finger Gesture To Go Back And Forth In Browser After An Update.

Discus and support Unable To Use 3-Finger Gesture To Go Back And Forth In Browser After An Update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Apparently the new update has f***ed some things up, and now my three finger swipe to navigate forward and backwards in browser (alt + left/right) -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by redwolfjo3, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Unable To Use 3-Finger Gesture To Go Back And Forth In Browser After An Update.

Apparently the new update has f***ed some things up, and now my three finger swipe to navigate forward and backwards in browser (alt + left/right) - that I have been using for literally years - instead swaps windows (alt + Tab).

I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere on how to get my gesture back!!!

All the "solutions" I find say I need Precision Touchpad, which I thought I had. But I go to the settings and it shows as bog standard w/o the extra options to change any gesture settings!!! I was literally able to swipe back and forth just fine a mere DAYS AGO!!!

Can someone please help?!?!

***Moved From: Windows 10/Windows settings***

***Changed Original Title From: How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I supposed to get my swipe gestures back??? This should be SIMPLE!!!! [HELP]***

:)

redwolfjo3, Jun 18, 2019

2. April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use the three fingers swiping feature not working after updating the version of Windows. We will need some clarity on this issue to guide you accordingly. Hence, kindly respond to the questions
    below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Which touchpad driver is installed on the PC?

I would suggest you to check the gesture settings in the touchpad settings. Follow the steps to check for the gesture settings.

1. Open Settings > Devices > Mouse.
    1. Now on the right hand side click on
      Additional mouse settings.
    2. Select the Device settings tab and click on
      Settings.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 19, 2019
  3. YeoFu Yu Win User
    3-Finger gestures unable to work

Hey all,

I have a HP ENVY Ultrabook 4-1030us. When the Windows 10 update came for me, I immediately upgraded from Windows 7, and with the upgrade I was able to use the nice gestures such as the 3-finger swipes for opening and closing Task View as well as switching
    between open apps. Shortly after the upgrading my harddrive crashed. I brought the laptop to a shop and they replaced the harddrive as well as installing a fresh version of Windows 10 for me. However, now, although other gestures such as the 2-finger scrolling
    still work, the 3-finger gestures only seem to work for swiping left/right to either go forward or back in my browser. They no longer bring up/close Task View and switch apps. I've tried upgrading my touchpad driver from the Synaptics website and the problem
    is still not solved. Is there any way to get back this functionality? I switch between my apps a lot and the touchpad feature would be really great. Thanks for any help!

YeoFu Yu, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Ry1947 Win User

Unable To Use 3-Finger Gesture To Go Back And Forth In Browser After An Update.

Windows 10 Three finger Gesture

Hi,

I currently have a similar issue - installed Windows 10 on Lenovo Yoga 2, 3 finger gestures worked fine (up for task manager, down for desktop) then today Windows seemed to do some background updates, and the 3 finger gestures have now reverted back to Windows
    8.1 gestures - i.e. 3 fingers to go forward/back in browsing windows...any suggestions?

Thanks

Ry1947, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Unable To Use 3-Finger Gesture To Go Back And Forth In Browser After An Update.

1. Unable To Use 3-Finger Gesture To Go Back And Forth In Browser After An Update. - Similar Threads - Unable Finger Gesture

2. 3 fingers gesture change apps doesn't work Window 11 after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 fingers gesture change apps doesn't work Window 11 after update: Window has a lot of updates, maybe a few days an update, but every time I update, it always causes an error, this time is touchpad problem which I use a lotthe 3 fingers gesture to change apps or show desktop also to multitasking view on window 11 is not working anymore, is...
  3. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior: I'm on Windows 10, using precision touchpad. I will be using Excel on the browser and scrolling left on the spreadsheet and the PC thinks that once I have reached the very left of the spreadsheet that I want to navigate to the previous web page browser back button behavior. I...
  4. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior: I'm on Windows 10, using precision touchpad. I will be using Excel on the browser and scrolling left on the spreadsheet and the PC thinks that once I have reached the very left of the spreadsheet that I want to navigate to the previous web page browser back button behavior. I...
  5. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures: Recently I'm having issue with my touchpad because when I accidentally put 3 fingers it triggers events I don't want to (like turning back to Desktop and seeing recent app). I have an ASUS but ASUS Smart Gesture doesn't allow to disable it by GUI so I decided to set to "0"...
  7. Is there a way to set the 3 finger gestures in the registry?

Is there a way to set the 3 finger gestures in the registry?: I have a laptop with a touchpad and I use the 3 finger press as a middle click. But when I remote into my media server (without a touchpad) 3 finger press triggers the default action. And since that machine has no touchpad, I can't set it in the windows settings. I've...
  8. How use two-finger gestures?

How use two-finger gestures?: Would like to use two-finger gestures for handling browser navigation akin to ones on Mac OS. Using Windows Precision drivers on my HP Spectre. Is there a way to use them? submitted by /u/purezen [link] [comments]...
  9. 3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working: Hi There is a problem with my 3 finger left right swipe for switching apps its working but when i release it still gets stuck there so again i have to click on the app to switch to that app when I release on the desired app the app should directly open is there any solution...
  10. April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem: This new update changed the behavior of 3 fingers swiping gesture, let's suppose I have 3 opened programs, chrome(has focus) firefox and a folder, when I used to swipe with three fingers, it goes from chrome to firefox, and when I swipe again it goes BACK to chrome, but now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable two use three finger gesture in touchpad