Windows 10: Unable to use 5Ghz wifi on the newest windows 10 update KB4512508

Discus and support Unable to use 5Ghz wifi on the newest windows 10 update KB4512508 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Firstly my computer is compatible. Secondly, my computer is able to detect my 5ghz wifi before the update due to me being able to disable 802.11d... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nicholasteo2, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Unable to use 5Ghz wifi on the newest windows 10 update KB4512508

Firstly my computer is compatible.

Secondly, my computer is able to detect my 5ghz wifi before the update due to me being able to disable 802.11d

Thirdly, after the update, I have no ways to disable it thus making it literally impossible to detect my 5ghz wifi.

In the end, I have to revert the update.

Someone, please help me.

:)

nicholasteo2, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Arily Win User

5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Aug 24, 2019
  3. gguo522 Win User
    After the newest windows update, my 5Ghz wifi download speed is limited.

My 5Ghz wifi download speed is limited after the newest windows update .

my download speed is about 150 mbps(by speedtest by Ookia) , but after the update, my download speed is 5mbps , and the upload speed is 20mbps, which high than my download speed..

I tried to switch to the 2.4Ghz wifi and run the test, the speed remain the same before the update.

I think there is no problem with my usb wifi adapter, because I ran speedtest on my other computer which is old windows version with the adapter, the download speed is 150mbps.

How can I fix this?

gguo522, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Unable to use 5Ghz wifi on the newest windows 10 update KB4512508

5Ghz wifi network Disappearing after updating to Win10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused to you.

This issue might occur if there are no Wi-Fi network adaptor drivers installed or if they are corrupted or outdated or incompatible.

I would first go with network troubleshooter to check if that helps. if the issue persists then go with your suggestions.

Please follow these methods below, to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

Network troubleshooter:

Open the Network Adapter troubleshooter by typing troubleshooting in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Troubleshooting. Tap or click Network and Internet, tap or click Network Adapter, and follow the instructions on your screen.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow these steps below and check, if it helps.

Release and renew IP address for your computer:

a. Press Windows key + X and select “command prompt (admin)”.

b. Type ipconfig /release and hit Enter.

c. Then type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter.

d. Type Exit and hit Enter.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestions given by Tripp Parks [MSFT] replied on September 30, 2015, to fix your issue.

5Ghz band not there

Also, try to refer to the suggestions given by Arun B J replied on December 4, 2015, to fix your issue.

Wifi Does not show to 5Ghz SSID of Router

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use 5Ghz wifi on the newest windows 10 update KB4512508

1. Unable to use 5Ghz wifi on the newest windows 10 update KB4512508 - Similar Threads - Unable 5Ghz wifi

2. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  3. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  4. I'm unable to connect to the 5GHz Wifi after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm unable to connect to the 5GHz Wifi after Windows update: Hello! Just after Windows update [July 13th 2021 — KB5004237 Builds 19041.1110, 19042.1110 e 19043.1110], I was unable to connect to the 5GHz Wifi. I'm still able to connect to the 2GHz Wifi though. I've uninstalled the update but the problem persists. Can anyone help me...
  5. I'm unable to connect to 5GHz Wifi after Windows update

I'm unable to connect to 5GHz Wifi after Windows update: Hello! Just after Windows update [July 13th 2021 — KB5004237 Builds 19041.1110, 19042.1110 e 19043.1110], I'm unable to connect to 5GHz Wifi. I'm still able to connect to 2 GHz Wifi though. I've uninstalled the update but the problem persists. Can anyone help me please?...
  6. Unable to connect to 5ghz wifi

Unable to connect to 5ghz wifi: I have a Dell Vostro 3580 laptop with Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac wireless adapter. I was able to connect to my phone's 5ghz wifi hotspot for many months, but today, when I tried to connect, it said Cant connect to this network, and after that it doesn't even show my wifi in...
  7. windows-10-update-kb4512508

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows-10-update-kb4512508: This update has successfully installed numerous times since 14/08/2019. It has been trying to install every day and now I have paused Windows Update as last 4 attempts failed showing error code )x8))7)bc9 Currently on latest version 1903. Driving me mad....
  8. Win 10 Update KB4512508

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Update KB4512508: This update shows as awaiting restart to finalise. Following a restart the same message remains. Sometimes I have to go through safe mode to achieve a proper boot up of my win 10 system. How can I delete the update KB4512508 and start again? No mention of this update shows...
  9. Cumulative Update KB4512508 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative Update KB4512508 for Windows 10: As from yesterday morning I have the message in Windows Updates, Windows updates available with a yellow exclamation mark triangle showing. It states that Updates are ready to download and there is a Download button directly underneath. Cumulative Update KB4512508 for Windows...
  10. WiFi 5Ghz

WiFi 5Ghz: Just connected to the NBN (Optus) and received a Sagecom L: [email protected] HP Modem.Router. No problems there but my Toshiba Qosmio Laptop will not pick up the 5ghz band only the 2.4Ghz...All my other devices pick up the 5Ghz. I ran a cmd prompt netsh wlan show drivers...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fix unable to detect 5ghz