Windows 10: Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router.

Discus and support Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router. I use a EA 7500 Linksys router with a windows 10 32-bit computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KH55, Mar 6, 2019.

1. KH55 Win User

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router.

I use a EA 7500 Linksys router with a windows 10 32-bit computer.

Until today, I was able to use a USB memory stick connected to the router as a network drive. However, when I tried swtching USB sticks, I could no longer use the memory stick as a network drive.

Here are the steps that I've taken: refreshed the USB stick in Linksys smart wifi, reset network discovery in Windows 10, tried using different USB ports on the router, reset and power cycled the router, and restarted the Windows 10 PC, tried refreshing router firmware. None of those steps made any difference.

The problem seems unsolvable, but there are hints from Linksys support that this is a known problem, and Linksys and Microsoft are passing the blame back and forth.

I got this response back from a Linksys support chat: "Linksys router feature request to update SMB to version 2, Win10 developers update changed SMB v1 to SMB v2.Precious Joy L: And we're aware of this issue."

The support chat person directed me to a Microsoft support page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-windows-10-and-windows-server-version-1709) claiming there was a solution there. I looked, and there was no solution.

If it helps, I got a case number of 10843700. However, the support people I contacted seemed to not understand the problem, and said I should contact Microsoft. Of cource, when Microsoft was contacted, they said if was a Linksys problem.

When I tried acessing the memory stick through an address, I got this error "windows can not access \\192.168.1.1"

I tried the steps at "https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=136742" That didn't work.

So I've tried several steps though Linksys support and given support reps detailed information, and nothing has worked and no one has been able to help.

What should I do next?

:)

KH55, Mar 6, 2019
  2. busaboyz Win User

Router with USB memory stick fixed problem

Stuck old USB memory stick in my wireless router and network discovery started working on multiple PCs.

busaboyz, Mar 6, 2019
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router. [​IMG]

4. Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router.

Can't access network drive plugged into the router USB port.

Hi Lionel,

It seems that your USB drive is not mapped on your other laptop that's why it can't see it. For me to properly assist you with this concern, please provide me the following information:

• Is this the first time you're trying to access the USB drive from the second laptop?
    • Have you tried adding or mapping the USB drive as a network drive?
    • Do you know the IP address of your router?

If the USB drive is already shared, then you can start mapping it on the second laptop. Please check out the link Map a network
    drive
    and follow the steps for Windows 10.

In case the above steps won't work, then you may have to access the USB drive using the router's IP address. If you don't know the router's IP, then you can check it from the
    Command Prompt. Just type in cmd in the Cortana search, then press Enter. Once the command prompt window opens, type in
    ipconfig, and press Enter. Whatever Default Gateway appears on the result is your
    router's IP address.

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router. 2adff3da-ebdb-4f0d-adc3-4a4dda5e9154?upload=true.png

To access the USB drive using the router's IP, follow these steps:

1. Open the File Explorer.
    2. Click the Network Folder, then clear the path in File Explorer, and replace it with
      \\192.168.2.1 (or whatever router IP you have), then press
      Enter.

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router. 689e83b8-12c2-4ed2-a7f0-f834044f8cdf?upload=true.png

3. The USB drive should now show as a shared folder. At this point, you can either
    pin the shared folder to Start, create a shortcut to the desktop, or
    map it as a network drive. You may follow the same steps from the link I provided above.

Please let me know how it goes so I can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router. - Similar Threads - Unable USB memory

2. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  3. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “USB memory stick.": I wanted to look into what I called, “USB memory sticks among other things and came up with the following term. “A small electronic device used to store digital data, more portable and robust than a hard drive.” Knowing nothing about them I have always bought inexpensive ones...
  4. “USB memory stick."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. reconnect USB stick as a network drive

reconnect USB stick as a network drive: Hi,a USB stick on my FritzBox7582 shall be connected automatically as a network drive after starting Win10. When I connect it manually it works. But it is tedious to do this every time manually.In the forum I found several tips but none of them worked.I tried:1 use different...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys...

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys...: Help Please!!!Why is my PC running ...Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎7/‎21/‎2021OS build 19042.1165Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0Unable to see the USB Drive attached to my Linksys EA9300 Max-Stream AC4000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router? This is...
  7. USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.

USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.: It’s also recommended that you map the external drive on your computer for fast, easy access. Mapping a network drive is simple. Just follow the steps listed below. 1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu. Alternatively, you can use the Windows Key + E...
  8. unable to see shared network drive on router

unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  9. Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys

Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys: Unable to use a USB memory stick as a network drive through a Linksys router. I use a EA 7500 Linksys router with a windows 10 32-bit computer. Until today, I was able to use a USB memory stick connected to the router as a network drive. However, when I tried swtching USB...
  10. Using a memory stick.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using a memory stick.: I have purchased a memory stick to put my photos and music on. My photos are ok but my music is trying to play through Windows Media and as I am on Windows 10 + Groove. I cannot get it to play on groove. Any help would oblige....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netgear r9000 unable to access to usb drive