Windows 10: Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine

Discus and support Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Support, I have been able to use the clipboard (copy and paste) previously from the Remote Desktop to my local machine without issue. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hanisafra, Feb 11, 2019.

1. hanisafra Win User

Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine

Hi Support,

I have been able to use the clipboard (copy and paste) previously from the Remote Desktop to my local machine without issue. However, suddenly the function is not working for the past few days. It grayed out when I tried to paste the item from Remote to local and vice versa.

From previous threads posted to the community, i have tried the following solutions at both remote and local machine (kindly find the attached images):

1. Enabling "Driver" at Remote Desktop Advance Clipboard setting

Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine [​IMG]

2. Toggling "Off" the Controlled folder access setting at Ransomware Protection Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine a8230c01-3e85-4642-8c98-4568024ab2f3?upload=true.jpg

3. Restart the PCs.

Are there any other solutions that might help? For your information, I never installed any new software on either one of the PC.

:)

hanisafra, Feb 11, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Feb 11, 2019
  3. DaveIII Win User
    Remote Desktop - Remote machine has Headphones

There is a windows 10 machine at work that I can reach from home. I need to watch a video on the work machine but the audio is going to the remote machines headphones which were left plugged-in. Remote Desktop is used and the Local Resources => Settings
    is set to "Play on this Computer". Any ideas how I can get the sound to play on my local machine?

DaveIII, Feb 11, 2019
  4. RFT OB1 Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problem with Virtual Machine

We made the big mistake of configuring a WINDOWS-10 VM to allow for Remote Desktop Connections. We are unable to disassociate the VM from RDM. We can no longer access the VM!!! The following is the pertinenet
    information:

• Server is running Windows-10 Professional 64 with Hyper-V installed.
    • VM is Windows-10 Professional 64.
    • In VM allowed Remote Desktop Connections.
    • From server successfully connected to VM via RDM.
    • Closed RDM connection. Unable to access VM.
    • Turned off VM from Hyper-V Manager.
    • Attempted to restart VM, unable to connect via Hyper-V from message box the following is displayed:

Video Remoting was disconnected. The virtual maching is currently using the Remote X 3D video adapter. A user is currently connected via Remote Desktop Connect to the virtual machine by using Remote Desktop Connection.
    • Connected via Remote Desktop Connection. Attempted to turn off allowing Remote Desktop Connection. VM hung.
    • VM Wouldn't turn off via Hyper-V manager.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Unable to connect via console or RDM.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Deleted VM via Hyper-V Manager.
    • Restored VM system disk from backup prior to RDM usage.
    • Created new VM. the messages in itm 7 above are displayed.
    What can be done to recover? Why does Hyper-V retain a broken connection?

RFT OB1, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine - Similar Threads - Unable clipboard function

2. Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.: I am attempting to remote into a desktop machine from a laptop.Both are running Windows 11 ProBoth use the same Microsoft accountBoth are on the same home networkWindows Firewall is set to allow Remote Desktop connectionsI have tried using the computer name as the connection...
  3. Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.: I am attempting to remote into a desktop machine from a laptop.Both are running Windows 11 ProBoth use the same Microsoft accountBoth are on the same home networkWindows Firewall is set to allow Remote Desktop connectionsI have tried using the computer name as the connection...
  4. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  5. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  6. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to use remote desktop from other windows machine but IOS is fine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use remote desktop from other windows machine but IOS is fine: I've been using remote desktop for a long time to remote into my desktop at home and give it encoding jobs and the like. But as of late for some reason my Laptop is unable to connect. It can see the machine and even show the correct user name when trying to connect but after...
  8. Unable to connect to remote machine using SMB 1.0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to remote machine using SMB 1.0: For many years I have been able to create a network share for a remote disk running on a linux system a Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR. This only supports SMB 1.0 so I have enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support - Client via Turn Windows features on or off. This has been working...
  9. unable to connect remotely to desktop at work from personal machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect remotely to desktop at work from personal machine: A user is unable to connect remotely to her desktop at work from a personal machine both Windows 10 error your computer cannot connect to the remote desktop gateway server RD Gateway Server credentials popup appears, with logon attempt failed. The user account was locking...
  10. Pasting from clipboard from Remote Desktop not working when using Win+V.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pasting from clipboard from Remote Desktop not working when using Win+V.: I have 2 computers both running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. I will refer to them as PC1 and PC2. I am connecting to PC2 from PC1 using Windows Remote Desktop Connection. If I sign into PC1 directly I can paste from Win+V just fine. The same is true for PC2. However if I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. citrix copy and paste not working