Windows 10: Unable to use computer due to the screen flashing making all icons or start inaccessible.

Discus and support Unable to use computer due to the screen flashing making all icons or start inaccessible. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ideas? Tried hard reboot...? * Moved from IE8/other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Seatt9, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Seatt9 Win User

Unable to use computer due to the screen flashing making all icons or start inaccessible.

Ideas?

Tried hard reboot...?

* Moved from IE8/other

:)

Seatt9, Dec 1, 2019

2. After installing windows 10, desktop has no icons and flashes

Any suggestions?

sbbarnett24, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 1, 2019
  4. ToxiK Win User

Unable to use computer due to the screen flashing making all icons or start inaccessible.

Black screen when starting ATITool

Hi everyone, I've got a rather irritating problem with ATITool 1.26.

Sometimes when I double-click the icon the screen turns black and the computer freezes! It happens before I can do anything with the program, so it's not due to OCing...
    It seems totally random, but it happens maybe 1 out of 4-5 times I start the program! *Confused Unable to use computer due to the screen flashing making all icons or start inaccessible. :confused:

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this, cause I like ATITool and want to keep using it... *Stick Out Tongue Unable to use computer due to the screen flashing making all icons or start inaccessible. :p

ToxiK, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to use computer due to the screen flashing making all icons or start inaccessible. - Similar Threads - Unable computer due

2. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible: I changed the scale and layout of my windows 10 desktop, and now can't see the desktop icons, no matter what scale and layout I choose. They're still there, but t they're hidden at the top of the screen, in a box that is the width of the screen and unmovable.My problem is...
  3. Icon flashes on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon flashes on start menu: An Icon flashes on my start menu so fast I cannot identify it. There are no new applications running in the "icon section" on the lower right hand corner of the start menu, and in the task manager there are so many running processes, I have no idea what it could be. How can I...
  4. Icon flashes on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon flashes on start menu: An Icon flashes on my start menu so fast I cannot identify it. There are no new applications running in the "icon section" on the lower right hand corner of the start menu, and in the task manager there are so many running processes, I have no idea what it could be. How can I...
  5. Icon flashes on start menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Unable to start Manage from This Computer icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to start Manage from This Computer icon: When I right click on This Computer then select Manage - nothing happens. This happens with all users including Admisitrator account. I can open from the run command. All users are set as admistrators. Have repaired windows, ran sfc /scannow - no errors. Any ideas?...
  7. Unable to Login Due to flashing screen and constant restarts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Login Due to flashing screen and constant restarts: I have had this annoying issue for a few days now. Upon starting my computer and getting to the login screen my monitor repeatedly flashes and freezes, after a few seconds it will reset and move my cursor into the middle of the screen. This started a few days ago, I left...
  8. flashing computer screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    flashing computer screen: after my computer is idle for a while after screen shuts down when I power it back up it flashes for about a minute https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-computer-screen/ead53f6a-d649-4e5f-83c6-f41631383d7e
  9. Flashing blue screen. Can't use computer at all.

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing blue screen. Can't use computer at all.: Hi. Updated to windows 10 a week ago. Ever since have had the flashing blue screen. Can't get the computer to do anything. Have managed to get it into Aptio screen but that's it. Have tried lots of ways to get it into safe made etc with no luck. Any advice appreciated....
  10. Screen Flashes adding icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flashes adding icons: I am getting a screen flash every 5 minutes(exactly). Each time it flashes it adds another icon to the Taskbar. The icon's are a blue hexagon with a white letter N. Hovering on the icons removes them Event Viewer tells me the source is .Net Runtime Event ID 1022 and the...