Windows 10: Unable to use Fingerprint after changing Domain username

Discus and support Unable to use Fingerprint after changing Domain username in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm the network administrator on our company domain, and I've recently had to change my domain username due to a naming convention change. Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheOriginalEkiThump, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Unable to use Fingerprint after changing Domain username

I'm the network administrator on our company domain, and I've recently had to change my domain username due to a naming convention change.

Windows 10 on my laptop (ver 1903 build 18362.356) now no longer lets me login using the fingerprints previously set up in Windows Hello, and reports that "Your password was chnged on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with Windows Hello."

My password hasn't changed at all, so this error message is inaccurate. Once logged in using username/password, I can unlock the computer using biometrics, but it still doesn't let me login using them.

Within Sign-In Options, Windows Hello PIN says "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more" If I click more it tells me "Sorry - this PIN isn't working for your organisation's resources. Tap or click here to fix it". This leads me to a screen to set up a PIN (which had already been set up before my login name changed). When I proceed, I get this:

Unable to use Fingerprint after changing Domain username 6bce5ae8-07a9-4586-b6ae-a9f7399ed1d8?upload=true.png

True to form, Microsoft don't list the error code on their error code page (well done again Microsoft), so this error page is meaningless and unhelpful.

The necessary GPOs are enabled to allow use of biometrics within the domain, and Hello was working until my username change. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried all of the suggestions I can find online, but none of them have worked so far.

Thanks in advance.

***Modified title from: Windows Hello probems***

:)

TheOriginalEkiThump, Sep 26, 2019

2. domain\username

I signed up for Phone Insider.

When I try "Find a program" it asks for domain\username and password.

What is my domain\username and password?

usagiCB1957, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Unable to setup fingerprint option in WIndows 10 domain Joined computer

Hello Shushanth,

Since you're connected to a domain, there's a possibility that the account you're using to login to the server does not have administrative rights. The program used by the Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint requires administrative privilege to function,
    we recommend contacting the local IT in your premise for further assistance.

You may also check the links below for additional troubleshooting:

Let us know if you have other concern.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 26, 2019
  4. changari Win User

Unable to use Fingerprint after changing Domain username

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use Fingerprint after changing Domain username

1. Unable to use Fingerprint after changing Domain username - Similar Threads - Unable Fingerprint changing

2. Unable to change username

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change username: I have a PC laptop and also use Parallels on an iMac, both with Windows 10. I want both usernames to be the same so that the path will be the same for a program I move back and forth on both computers. I'm talking about the username in File Explorer under C...
  3. Unable to change username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change username: I have a PC laptop and also use Parallels on an iMac, both with Windows 10. I want both usernames to be the same so that the path will be the same for a program I move back and forth on both computers. I'm talking about the username in File Explorer under C...
  4. Unable to change username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  6. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  7. Unable to change password policy after leaving domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change password policy after leaving domain: I have a laptop that I used for contract work that they required me to be on their domain for the length of my contract. The contract is now over, I have left their domain and wish to lessen the restrictions on passwords that were put in place by being on their domain....
  8. Unable to login to Windows 10 after changing username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to Windows 10 after changing username: Hi I changed one of my staff members user account name as they started using a previous employees PC. This is for a local user account. There is only one account on the PC which has administrator rights. I followed the following process to change the username. - Go to...
  9. Unable to use Fingerprint scanner

Unable to use Fingerprint scanner: I have HP Zbook 15 G2 running windows 10 pro, finger print scanner stopped working. In settings it displays that driver is not compatible windows 10 Hello. Updated windows and driver. But not successful. ***Original title: Fingerprint Scanner.***...
  10. Unable to use Fingerprint Reader

Unable to use Fingerprint Reader: Why can't windows hello in my hp probook 6470b set up a fingerprint password yet there is a fingerprint scanner? current OS windows 10 1909, fp drivers hp protecttools manager and validity fingerprint sensors. will be great to receive help here. Thanks. ***Modified title...