Windows 10: Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Discus and support Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterŠalamun, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.

At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again.

Why can not I change the default music Groove app? Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program 31014b77-9fdc-4c97-a53b-cfdaec51dc25?upload=true.jpg Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program deb5cd8e-e120-4747-ae97-fdd22b6a90df?upload=true.jpg

***Modified title from: Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.***

:)

PeterŠalamun, Jan 15, 2019

2. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 15, 2019
  3. UrunTekin Win User
    Default Music Player

Hello,

I want to assign my keyboard's launch music player key to Spotify on win 10. For this I need to either assign the media key to the program somehow, or change the default music player.

The default music player is Groove and this is the one that starts when I press music player button. I cannot change the default program to Spotify, because it does not show up in the list when I go to default programs > music player. It suggest I search
    in the store, so I downloaded store version of Spotify as well, and it still doesn't show up there.

So how do I either change the behaviour of the music launcher key, or change the default music player to a program that does not show up in the list of music players under default programs.

UrunTekin, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Josipa Win User

Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Groove Music

My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and this won't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Windows 10 on a PC.
    I found an online troubleshooting that suggesting I delete temporary files and reset Internet explorer which I did and which has not helped.
    thank you
    (I am also not super tech savy so laymen's instructions is appreciated)

Josipa, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

1. Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program - Similar Threads - Unable Groove Music

2. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  3. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  4. Autonomous Changing Wallpaper when using "Groove Music"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autonomous Changing Wallpaper when using "Groove Music": Recently, just recently, my desktop wallpaper changing on its own. It always happens when I play music with Groove Music, which is an essential application that you get when you have Windows 10 on your PC. I couldn't find any setting about it, anyone have a solution or the...
  5. Groove Music will not change music Genres

Groove Music will not change music Genres: I have some music that does not fit the normal Genres. When ever I searched for my music in Window's Media player it would remove the custom Genres I had created. Groove does not do that. I prefer Groove over Windows Media Player, because it doesn't mess with my music....
  6. Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program: [ATTACH] Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again. Why can not I change the default music Groove app?...
  7. Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music

Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH] ***Modified the title from Groove Music change the album photo***...
  8. Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.: Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again. Why can not I change the default music Groove app?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to change default program

Unable to change default program: I'm unable to change my wmv file player or the program that I use to open zip files. I'm wanting to change them to media player classic and 7zip, but nothing happens upon switching their default program. For wmv files, I use choose another app, check to always use media...
  10. Default Music Program

Default Music Program: When will Windows make Spotify a default music program. I understand Spotify uses its own music file type, but seeing the popularity of the platform it should be worked into a future build of Windows....