Windows 10: Unable to Use HP Printer

Discus and support Unable to Use HP Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Prior to Windows 10 updates, I was able to use my HP DeskJet Pro 4100 Series printer. Now, I cannot and I am extremely frustrated. I have spent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pokey939, Oct 31, 2020.

1. pokey939 Win User

Unable to Use HP Printer

Prior to Windows 10 updates, I was able to use my HP DeskJet Pro 4100 Series printer. Now, I cannot and I am extremely frustrated.

I have spent countless of weekends and some week days to get my HP printer back to the ability to use it. I am set up wireless, which the printer was working wireless before the Windows updates. I have tried every conceivable avenue i.e., install printer, reinstall, etc.. I have ran the troubleshoot from the Windows settings, etc. In terms of the software drivers, I still cannot get the drivers to install and to connect the printer.

Before I reinvest into a printer that will accept Windows 10, what other solution is there for my HP DeskJet Pro 4100 series printer? At this point, I have exhausted all avenues and I am tired.

The printer is brand new and was working previously.

:)

pokey939, Oct 31, 2020

2. Unable to install HP printer

What is the difference between step 2 and step 3? I know how to "remove device" in the devices and printers section of control panel. But how do I find and uninstall the drivers? The HP Full Feature Software is not installed, though maybe some registry remnants are messing things up?

Thanks everyone! Unable to Use HP Printer :)

garbanzhell, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Unable to print using HP 6000 printer

Hi Ole,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this help in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue and fix it.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below provided information.

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the manufacturer website. Follow the steps:

Step 1.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues and uninstall the driver.
    Visit the below link and download the latest printer driver.

http://www.support.hp.com/us-en/pro...ter-series---E6/3866939/model/3866948/drivers

If the printer driver is not available for Windows 10 you can try installing the printer driver is compatibility mode.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Unable to Use HP Printer

Hp printer

Hello Vanessa,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the model of your printer?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article
    on how to resolve printer issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Use HP Printer

1. Unable to Use HP Printer - Similar Threads - Unable Printer

2. I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer: I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a network printer or print on a shared / network printer . please assist in setting up by adding the network printer....
  3. I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer: I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a network printer or print on a shared / network printer . please assist in setting up by adding the network printer....
  4. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  5. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  6. Unable to connect networked printers after Windows 11 Home update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect networked printers after Windows 11 Home update: I am unable to connect my networked printers after Windows 10 Home forced an update to Windows 11 Home. I open files, go to network, click the computer that has the printers, locate the printers, click them. Gives the message "Operation could not be completed error...
  7. Unable to connect networked printers after Windows 11 Home update

Unable to connect networked printers after Windows 11 Home update: I am unable to connect my networked printers after Windows 10 Home forced an update to Windows 11 Home. I open files, go to network, click the computer that has the printers, locate the printers, click them. Gives the message "Operation could not be completed error...
  8. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  9. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  10. Unable to add/connect to network printer

Unable to add/connect to network printer: I am unable to add a network printer to windows 11. It doesn't automatically recognize. When I select through the network, it shows it unable to connect. The printer is connecting to all other PCs in organization running windows 10 and older. This is specific to windows 11...