Windows 10: Unable to use internet after computer reset

Discus and support Unable to use internet after computer reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I reseted my desktop to factory but am unable to connect to internet on wired or wireless neither of them work. It says I have internet and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sondra312, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Sondra312 Win User

Unable to use internet after computer reset

Hello, I reseted my desktop to factory but am unable to connect to internet on wired or wireless neither of them work. It says I have internet and I know it works because laptop(i am using now) and ps4 are connected to it also and they both connect just fine. I have tried all the ipconfig and netsh for command that didn't work. I have tried just about everything I could find but still not working. In case it matters I use a dell XPS 8700

:)

Sondra312, Feb 9, 2019

2. My computer is unable to connect to Internet

My computer is unable to connect to Internet

Try reinitialising the network states. Run the following commands in an elevated cmd shell:

• Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults:

netsh winsock reset catalog
    • Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults:

netsh int ip reset reset.log
    • Reset Firewall to installation defaults:

netsh advfirewall reset
    • Flush DNS resolver cache:

ipconfig /flushdns
    • Renew DNS client registration and refresh DHCP leases:

ipconfig /registerdns
    • Flush routing table (reboot required):

route /f

DavidPostill, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Unable to connect to internet on browsers except for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nad,

Thank you for replying with the error messages received on trying to connect to internet on different browsers.

Please reply, did you try performing System restore as suggested in the above post?

If haven’t tried performing System restore, flush your PC’s
    DNS cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved. Performing the below steps will clear DNS cache from the computer and renew the IP configuration set on the computer.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter after each entries:
      • ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew
    • Close the windows and check if the changes are effective.

If the above steps does not resolve the issue, perform
    System restore by following steps mentioned in the above post and check if it helps.

Write to us with the status of unable to connect to internet on other browser except for Edge on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to use internet after computer reset - Similar Threads - Unable internet computer

2. No internet after resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet after resetting my computer: I recently reset my windows software, and now I have no ability to download my programs. I can "connect" to the internet, but can't reach any websites. I can ping just about any IP address, but there seems t be a deep problem in accessing DNS. I have gone through all the...
  3. No internet after resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet after resetting my computer: I recently reset my windows software, and now I have no ability to download my programs. I can "connect" to the internet, but can't reach any websites. I can ping just about any IP address, but there seems t be a deep problem in accessing DNS. I have gone through all the...
  4. No internet after resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. After reset, unable to use PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reset, unable to use PIN: I reset my computer this evening, just trying to do a clean start for it for a new project. After the reboot, it no longer allowed my pin to be used. When I select the create new pin option, the Microsoft dialogue box shows and then disapears and I'm stuck at the screen. I've...
  6. After reset, unable to use PIN

After reset, unable to use PIN: I reset my computer this evening, just trying to do a clean start for it for a new project. After the reboot, it no longer allowed my pin to be used. When I select the create new pin option, the Microsoft dialogue box shows and then disapears and I'm stuck at the screen. I've...
  7. After reset, unable to use PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unable to use internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use internet: A couple of days ago, my WiFi was working fine but then, when I restarted the router, it suddenly didn't work. It would connect but it would say "no internet, secured" and in troubleshooting, I get the "The network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn't receive network...
  9. Unable to use internet

Unable to use internet: A couple of days ago, my WiFi was working fine but then, when I restarted the router, it suddenly didn't work. It would connect but it would say "no internet, secured" and in troubleshooting, I get the "The network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn't receive network...
  10. Unable to use internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if you are unable to restore internet service and your scheduled to work what would you do

2. pc saying unable to connect to network reset not worked