Windows 10: Unable to use keyboard

Discus and support Unable to use keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon. I have an ASUS FX502VMZ laptop. This morning the keyboard backlight mysteriously wasn't working. Went the ASUS website to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pickletreat, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Unable to use keyboard

Good afternoon.

I have an ASUS FX502VMZ laptop. This morning the keyboard backlight mysteriously wasn't working. Went the ASUS website to download ATK package which fixed the backlight, but the keyboard stopped working. Contacted ASUS support and they had me download ATK package again (looked to be a diff version). I hit setup and repair and restarted but keyboard still didn't work. Reset my pc to factory settings and no dice. Somehow the keyboard works fine in BIOS but when Windows 10 loads up, it decides to not work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled these drivers a bunch with no success. Unable to use keyboard d4f17462-a185-40a5-b618-2e511a69b93c?upload=true.png

:)

pickletreat, Sep 15, 2018

2. Unable to use keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi Hank,

Please let us know the make and model of your device.

This issue might be due to corrupted or outdated drivers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Step 2: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Please get back to us with the results of the issue in regards with keyboard and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating system. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Unable to use keyboard

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Unable to use keyboard

1. Unable to use keyboard - Similar Threads - Unable keyboard

2. Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard: Good evening,I am unable to download the Chinese pinyin keyboard on my Microsoft 11 since I purchased the laptop in November 2023. I already added in Chinese Simplified China and attempted to download the basic typing for many days but it just will not load. Only...
  3. Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download basic typing/pinyin keyboard: Good evening,I am unable to download the Chinese pinyin keyboard on my Microsoft 11 since I purchased the laptop in November 2023. I already added in Chinese Simplified China and attempted to download the basic typing for many days but it just will not load. Only...
  4. Unable to use keyboard while folding the laptop. Wish to disable tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use keyboard while folding the laptop. Wish to disable tablet mode.: I have an HP Pavilion x360. I have connected it to my monitor and want to use it as a keyboard while folding it but it switches over to tablet mode and disables the keyboard. Please help me solve this issue I have been attempting to disable tablet mode for a while now but...
  5. Unable to use keyboard while folding the laptop. Wish to disable tablet mode.

Unable to use keyboard while folding the laptop. Wish to disable tablet mode.: I have an HP Pavilion x360. I have connected it to my monitor and want to use it as a keyboard while folding it but it switches over to tablet mode and disables the keyboard. Please help me solve this issue I have been attempting to disable tablet mode for a while now but...
  6. Unable to disable internal keyboard Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable internal keyboard Windows 11: Hello, my internal keyboard needs to be replaced and I am using a USB keyboard currently to type this. Select parts of the internal keyboard still work, but I am getting it replaced - until then, I need to disable it to set the USB one on top, but this has proved impossible.I...
  7. Unable to disable internal keyboard Windows 11

Unable to disable internal keyboard Windows 11: Hello, my internal keyboard needs to be replaced and I am using a USB keyboard currently to type this. Select parts of the internal keyboard still work, but I am getting it replaced - until then, I need to disable it to set the USB one on top, but this has proved impossible.I...
  8. my keyboard is unable to type the lowercase letter Q the key is fully functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is unable to type the lowercase letter Q the key is fully functional: my keyboard is unable to type the lowercase letter Q the key is fully functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-unable-to-type-the-lowercase-letter/fcf38ee3-4b84-47b4-847b-6366bd6e9738
  9. my keyboard is unable to type the lowercase letter Q the key is fully functional

my keyboard is unable to type the lowercase letter Q the key is fully functional: my keyboard is unable to type the lowercase letter Q the key is fully functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-unable-to-type-the-lowercase-letter/fcf38ee3-4b84-47b4-847b-6366bd6e9738
  10. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD + Unable to open windows menu through keyboard

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD + Unable to open windows menu through keyboard: Hi there. So I have had this issue happen to me before and I don't know what to do anymore. This first started probably earlier this year, went away, but now its back. Whenever I first start up my PC from shut down, I am unable to use my windows key to open up the menu until...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to use keyboard

2. unable to use keyboard for internet

3. unable to use any keyboard