Windows 10: Unable to Use Local Admin rights on Windows 10 Machine

Discus and support Unable to Use Local Admin rights on Windows 10 Machine in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, We have a Windows 10 Machine as Azure AD Joined. I have assigned the Helpdesk Team the Device Administrator role from AAD -> Devices -> Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eshaan Gupta, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Unable to Use Local Admin rights on Windows 10 Machine

Hi,

We have a Windows 10 Machine as Azure AD Joined.

I have assigned the Helpdesk Team the Device Administrator role from AAD -> Devices -> Device Settings -> Additional local administrators, however, the helpdesk team is not able to use the admin privileges. Kindly suggest?

:)

Eshaan Gupta, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Oct 21, 2020
  3. admin rights

Hello darrenfernandes,

I am Vincent. An Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I’d be happy to assist you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Kindly check your account if it has administrative rights. Refer to this link.

https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/how-to-view....

If it has admin rights, I suggest you create a new admin local account and check if the issue persists. If the issue does not occur in the new account, then your previous account is corrupted.

Refer to this guide on how to create a local account.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-local-a...

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Vincent Vismanos

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Vincent_Vismanos, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Unable to Use Local Admin rights on Windows 10 Machine

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Use Local Admin rights on Windows 10 Machine

1. Unable to Use Local Admin rights on Windows 10 Machine - Similar Threads - Unable Local Admin

2. I am unable to login as local user with admin rights after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to login as local user with admin rights after Windows Update: Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045. Dell Vostro 7590 LaptopI received 3 Windows Updates KB5001716, KB5031356, KB5031224 on October 11. Prior to that, I would always log into my laptop as local user. After Windows update, when I login that same way, it says "The...
  3. I am unable to login as local user with admin rights after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to login as local user with admin rights after Windows Update: Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045. Dell Vostro 7590 LaptopI received 3 Windows Updates KB5001716, KB5031356, KB5031224 on October 11. Prior to that, I would always log into my laptop as local user. After Windows update, when I login that same way, it says "The...
  4. I am unable to login as local user with admin rights after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help: Hello Guys, I know that here is lot of theards with similar issue but I have really read most of topics hours and hours and still dont understand how to do it so I am thank you for all advices: So we have company network "namecompany.com" where is connected all devices in...
  6. Unable to user local admin rights on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to user local admin rights on Windows 10: Hi, We have a Windows 10 Machine as Azure AD Joined. I have assigned the Helpdesk Team the Device Administrator role from AAD -> Devices -> Device Settings -> Additional local administrators, however, the helpdesk team is not able to use the admin privileges. Kindly...
  7. Windows 10: Admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Admin rights: For some time I've been unable to save files to my "Downloads" folder for some reason, I ignored it since pretty much all other directories could work to save files. Error translates as follows: "You do not have permission to save in this location. Request permission to...
  8. Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights: This is a computer fresh out of the box. I am logged in as the local administrator. When I try go to personilize, then themes, then click on Desktop icon settings a pop up states that it can't access that folder because I dont have administrator rights. ummm I am the...
  9. Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use clipboard function from Remote Desktop to Local Machine: Hi Support, I have been able to use the clipboard (copy and paste) previously from the Remote Desktop to my local machine without issue. However, suddenly the function is not working for the past few days. It grayed out when I tried to paste the item from Remote to local...
  10. Unable to add local admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add local admin account: Periodically I acquire computers from ex-employees that only have themselves as local Users. Even though I'm in the Administrators Group as a domain admin, I don't have permission to add anyone to local Users. I need to clean these up for redeployment and often wind up...