Windows 10: Unable to use microphone when using Skype

Discus and support Unable to use microphone when using Skype in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to use my microphone whilst using Skype. Camera works fine but as soon as the microphone is plugged in the computer freezes and I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikevick1334, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Unable to use microphone when using Skype

I am unable to use my microphone whilst using Skype. Camera works fine but as soon as the microphone is plugged in the computer freezes and I have to turn off the power to reboot computer. We have used Skype before on the desktop soon after upgrading to Windows 10 with no problem this is the first time we have tried to use the microphone or Skype since last September. Obviously their have been 2 major updates of windows 10 that I know of. The microphone works perfectly on my Vista laptop.

Any help would be appreciated

:)

mikevick1334, Jan 11, 2016

2. In windows 10 In built mic not visible as option.

My machine is Asus S400CA. When I select recording devices, I see headset microphone or desktop microphone(not in-built) or other(built into other devices). I could chat using skype ot hangout in win 8.1 before upgrading to win10. Now I am unable to do
    it. How to get inbuilt mic in to use?

L.V.Gandhi, Jan 11, 2016
  3. External Microphone Issue when using Skype

I purchased a eForCity® Mini 3.5mm Flexible Microphone
    to use with Skype. After plugging into the microphone port, when using Skype the person on the other end cannot hear me.

I've looked at the control panel for devices and under recordings, it's reflecting "No Audio Devices are Installed". Any suggestion on what I need to do so this microphone works is greatly appreciated.

ChristineDavid, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

Unable to use microphone when using Skype

1. Unable to use microphone when using Skype - Similar Threads - Unable microphone using

2. Unable to use microphone on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use microphone on Windows 11: Hello! I previously updated to Windows 11 last September since my laptop was eligible to install it as per PC Health Check. I encountered a problem with my microphone soon after. I couldn't be heard at all when I was making calls through different apps e.g. Zoom, Messenger,...
  3. Unable to use microphone on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use microphone on Windows 11: Hello! I previously updated to Windows 11 last September since my laptop was eligible to install it as per PC Health Check. I encountered a problem with my microphone soon after. I couldn't be heard at all when I was making calls through different apps e.g. Zoom, Messenger,...
  4. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  5. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  6. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No Audio When Microphone Is In Use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio When Microphone Is In Use: Hi, I've recently built my new PC and installed Windows 10 Education since its offered free to me as a college student. I've had no problems with it so far except for an issue where when the microphone is in use (as in when there is a microphone icon in the bottom right...
  8. Unable to use Microphone

Unable to use Microphone: Hii There, Hope You're doing well I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work and couldn't I've Re-Installed The Audio Drivers but nothing worked So I need Your Help to fix this problem This is the...
  9. Unable to use Microphone

Unable to use Microphone: So recently, My PC got updated like 2 weeks ago. Before this, I had a headset that would pretty much be dominant when it came to producing sound. It was amazing, the microphone audio AND The sound I got back. Recently, however.... Ever since this update, my headset would...
  10. Unable to use Microphone

Unable to use Microphone: Hello, I have had this microphone/headset combination for 2 months now and all of a sudden my computer wont recognize me speaking into the mic. I've tried to unplug it and use the regular computer microphone and it doesn't seem to pick up that anything is talking. The...