Windows 10: Unable to use Microphone

Discus and support Unable to use Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hii There, Hope You're doing well I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMMARjs, Feb 14, 2020.

1. AMMARjs Win User

Unable to use Microphone

Hii There,

Hope You're doing well

I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work and couldn't

I've Re-Installed The Audio Drivers but nothing worked

So I need Your Help to fix this problem

This is the Image of the Mic

Unable to use Microphone f2b0778c-b245-4986-9530-ec85a20e6d66?upload=true.jpg

***Modified title from: Microphone Troubleshooting***

:)

AMMARjs, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to use Microphone on the computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Microphone on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Were you able to use Microphone on your computer earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the Microphone that you are using?

Ideally, if we add a new Microphone to the computer, we will need to go through the setup process to use it, let me help you with the steps. I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 and setup
    the Microphone. Once the Microphone is setup, you can start using it.

If you still face issues, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to use Microphone

Hi,

I understand that you want to use the Microphone of the Headset to talk to people. It would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to use the Microphone?
    • What is the make and model of the headphone?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

However, let me help you with the steps to setup the Microphone. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10

You can also try making the Microphone as the default device. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Now, click on Recordings tab.
    4. Now, right click on the Microphone and select
      Set as Default device. Do the same in Playback and
      Recording tab.
    5. Click on OK, and check if the Microphone is working.

For additional information, see
    Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Unable to use Microphone

Unable to use Microphone

Hi Braden,

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?
    4. Have you tried using a different headset?
    5. Did you try using the Microphone on a different PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try running the Microphone troubleshooter.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix problems look for
      Recoding Audio.
    3. Click on Recording Audio and click
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2:

Try changing the accessibility settings of Microphone. Refer the article

Fix microphone problems

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use Microphone

1. Unable to use Microphone - Similar Threads - Unable Microphone

2. Unable to record audio on powerpoint and microphone is unresponsive. Dell inspiron 15 5501

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to record audio on powerpoint and microphone is unresponsive. Dell inspiron 15 5501: Someone please help. I have a powerpoint I have to turn in for a class that I can't record any audio on. It says powerpoint cannot perform this operation because the recording device is unavailable. I've tried going into my settings and allowing access but even testing my...
  3. Unable to record audio on powerpoint and microphone is unresponsive. Dell inspiron 15 5501

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to record audio on powerpoint and microphone is unresponsive. Dell inspiron 15 5501: Someone please help. I have a powerpoint I have to turn in for a class that I can't record any audio on. It says powerpoint cannot perform this operation because the recording device is unavailable. I've tried going into my settings and allowing access but even testing my...
  4. Unable to get headset microphone to work despite the headphones working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get headset microphone to work despite the headphones working: I am using a headset with a built in microphone. I am running Windows 10. When I plug in the headset to the front audio jack, I use Dell Audio Manager via RealTek to select "headset w/ microphone". I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall all audio and speaker drivers. I...
  5. Unable to get headset microphone to work despite the headphones working

Unable to get headset microphone to work despite the headphones working: I am using a headset with a built in microphone. I am running Windows 10. When I plug in the headset to the front audio jack, I use Dell Audio Manager via RealTek to select "headset w/ microphone". I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall all audio and speaker drivers. I...
  6. Unable to get headset microphone to work despite the headphones working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to Choose 2 channels for USB Microphone. Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Choose 2 channels for USB Microphone. Please help: I have recently bought Maono PM461 Series USB Mic but the input is very low.I tried checking it at various platforms but didn't found any resolution.In my Windows 10 settings there is no option to choose the 2-channel setting.Please suggest....
  8. Unable to Choose 2 channels for USB Microphone. Please help

Unable to Choose 2 channels for USB Microphone. Please help: I have recently bought Maono PM461 Series USB Mic but the input is very low.I tried checking it at various platforms but didn't found any resolution.In my Windows 10 settings there is no option to choose the 2-channel setting.Please suggest....
  9. Unable to Choose 2 channels for USB Microphone. Please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows 11 - unable to use laptop's built-in microphone while Apple earbuds are plugged in

Windows 11 - unable to use laptop's built-in microphone while Apple earbuds are plugged in: Hey there! Since June 10th, 2023, I have been unable to use my laptop's built-in microphone whenever my Apple earbuds are plugged in. My laptop, instead of using the native mic, suddenly swaps over to the earbud mic that's designed into the volume remote on the right-ear...