Windows 10: Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop

Discus and support Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, A few weeks ago, as I logged on I was asked to setup Windows Hello on my machine. It's a Surface Pro and domain joined. It didn't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Matt Doherty, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop

Hello Everyone,

A few weeks ago, as I logged on I was asked to setup Windows Hello on my machine. It's a Surface Pro and domain joined. It didn't work, but it let me log in and get on with my work, so forgot about it. At the same time the YourPhone app stopped working and kept prompting me to setup Windows Hello for my Personal Microsoft Account and I ran into the problems described below. Again, annoying, but I can live without it. Now, I really need to get a app from the App store and I can't because I need to sign in with a Microsoft Account and not a 'Work Account'. I'm just getting stuck with the below:

When open the Store or try to download an App, I get this:

Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop 5e967767-9c9d-4b54-a9c9-849631c77191?upload=true.jpg

So, the account covered over in red is my personal Microsoft Account, the machine I'm using is domain joined i.e. the Microsoft Account Windows Hello is trying to register for is different to the user I'm logged on with I'm logged onto the machine with my corporate account.

I click okay, and get challenged for my password again for my personal Microsoft Account, then I get this. After clicking okay I get this:

Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop 3cc37ce0-c7e1-4f0d-a9ec-9836d2269e97?upload=true.jpg

Again, the area covered in red is my personal Microsoft account. The area covered in blue is our corporate domain. I have tried:

• Entering in the credentials for my Microsoft personal account which switches the domain too.
    • Entering the credentials for my corporate account which is local admin of this machine
    • Entering the details of a local account again local admin for this machine.

The last option doesn't work, just asked for details again, both the first and second option result in this screen:

Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop c5e166e9-722f-438a-99af-18640caf9e43?upload=true.jpg

Again, red area is where my personal Microsoft account is.

I have tried logging into my personal computer, but all the Windows Hello options are greyed out and I can't reset them; but I don't actually recall having ever set any Windows Hello settings for my personal.

It's infuriating, because now I can't complete the simple task of downloading a store App.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Many Thanks

Matt

:)

Matt Doherty, Oct 29, 2020
  2. GSquadron Win User

Domain registration

I know the domain name and the hosting have to be payed.
    I mean the e-mail on godaddy for example is not!
    Do you know any free e-mails with the registration of the domain?

GSquadron, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Domain registration

You will be charged a domain registration fee (yearly fee) and you will have to pay a monthly hosting fee.
    The e-mail accounts should be included with the hosting.
    Some places will register the domain free if you host with them (at least for the first year).

Kreij, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop

Domain registration

The "free extras" that MadDog gives you is basically the same thing you get (personal control over your domain) from any good registrar.
    A quick look threw up a red flag. Why is there a fee to change your domain registration contact information?
    E-mail? You will get e-mail accounts for your domain with whoever you host it with, and the registrar should be able to contact you via your registration e-mail (separate from the domain) in the event they need to contact you.
    Domain locking? Every good registrar has in-place methods to ensure that domains are secure and can only be modified by the valid owner. This is just a marketing gimmick.

Your best bet would be to look around for reviews of the registrar(s) and see if there are a lot of complaints leveled at them, or to just get a sense of how satisfied people are with them.

Kreij, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop

1. Unable to use Microsoft Store on Domain machine - stuck in Windows Hello Registration Loop - Similar Threads - Unable Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft store stuck on loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store stuck on loop: I just got this pc, the microsoft store is stuck on an infinite loop, the troubleshooter doesn't detect anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-stuck-on-loop/467f509b-676e-473e-b880-676c58d805fe
  3. Microsoft store stuck on loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store stuck on loop: I just got this pc, the microsoft store is stuck on an infinite loop, the troubleshooter doesn't detect anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-stuck-on-loop/467f509b-676e-473e-b880-676c58d805fe
  4. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop: Hello! I recently purchased a Langmuir CNC machine system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the...
  5. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop: Hello! I recently purchased a Langmuir CNC machine system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the...
  6. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop: Hello! I recently purchased a Langmeyer system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the pop-up window....
  7. unable to use Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to use Microsoft store: Hello, I am using windows 10, I am in Canada and my error code is 0x80070422. I am unable to use the Microsoft store on my pc. whenever I open the store it looks normal and I can navigate through different pages within the store but as soon as I try to select any app, I get a...
  8. Microsoft store stuck on installing loop

Microsoft store stuck on installing loop: When I open my microsoft store app it's constantly stuck on installing Candy Crush Friends Saga and when I click the application it says it's installed exactly the same for the "Your Phone" application and now because these 2 are stuck on saying they're downloading it won't...
  9. Unable to use Microsoft Store

Unable to use Microsoft Store: I live in Canada but my Microsoft Store won’t let me install apps because it requires payment only with US credit card. Perhaps the first payment was in US dollars from the US territory and the service remembers the method....
  10. Unable to use Windows Hello on Domain account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to use Windows Hello on Domain account: Windows Hello not working under domain account. I have tried the guide below but no luck. Kindly share if any solution available for this issue. https://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2018/04/cannot-enable-windows-hello-on-domain-joined-pc-with-windows-10-1709.html OS: Windows...