Windows 10: Unable to use Monitor and TV

Discus and support Unable to use Monitor and TV in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can use the output from the card for each separately but they will not work together. I have downloaded the latest drivers and tried all Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jersax, Sep 14, 2019.

1. jersax Win User

Unable to use Monitor and TV

I can use the output from the card for each separately but they will not work together. I have downloaded the latest drivers and tried all Microsoft fixes. I also went to Nvidia and they could not get it to work but said it should. Has anyone else had this problem.?

:)

jersax, Sep 14, 2019

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Jeddie Win User
    Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Thanks Bree.

The other similar thread to this says 'Cast to' used to work to a Samsung TV but now it doesn't. This would imply something is 'wrong' with our Win 10?

Can anyone suggest some more troubleshooting steps to try to determine what the issue is?

Jeddie, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Unable to use Monitor and TV

Up graded to Windows 10 No sound from my Samsung tv monitor

I upgraded to windows 10. I'm unable to hear anything from my Samsung TV monitor. I have attempted to the settings and still am unable to hear anything. Please, any suggestions

Thanks

RobbinShifflette, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use Monitor and TV

1. Unable to use Monitor and TV - Similar Threads - Unable Monitor

2. W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.: W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w365-cloud-pc-single-login-unable-to-set-dual/d6e25c7c-d4fa-4038-a65e-ebe7346cf20a
  3. W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.: W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w365-cloud-pc-single-login-unable-to-set-dual/d6e25c7c-d4fa-4038-a65e-ebe7346cf20a
  4. Unable to set Dual monitor option in Windows 365 boot pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set Dual monitor option in Windows 365 boot pc: Hello Concern,Could please help me with the dual monitor option for Windows 365 boot pc. As I able to set dual monitor with Windows app but not with the Windows 365 boot option. Please help with the settings, policy and solution please....
  5. Unable to set Dual monitor option in Windows 365 boot pc

Unable to set Dual monitor option in Windows 365 boot pc: Hello Concern,Could please help me with the dual monitor option for Windows 365 boot pc. As I able to set dual monitor with Windows app but not with the Windows 365 boot option. Please help with the settings, policy and solution please....
  6. Unable to play video games on an ultrawide monitor since upgrading to Windows 11

Unable to play video games on an ultrawide monitor since upgrading to Windows 11: I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. It has completely ruined my gaming experience-- I can no longer play my favorite games.I was only able to play Dota 2 and League of Legends in the past by playing on borderless windowed mode and moving my taskbar all the way to the...
  7. Unable to play video games on an ultrawide monitor since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play video games on an ultrawide monitor since upgrading to Windows 11: I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. It has completely ruined my gaming experience-- I can no longer play my favorite games.I was only able to play Dota 2 and League of Legends in the past by playing on borderless windowed mode and moving my taskbar all the way to the...
  8. Suddenly unable to set monitor to anything other than 60hz in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly unable to set monitor to anything other than 60hz in windows: So all of a sudden I noticed tearing in a game at around 100fps when it should have been dealt with by freesync. Then looked through computer and found that my refresh rate had suddenly become 60hz. I am on a 144hz monitor connected via display port. When I go to advanced...
  9. Suddenly unable to set monitor to anything other than 60hz in windows

Suddenly unable to set monitor to anything other than 60hz in windows: So all of a sudden I noticed tearing in a game at around 100fps when it should have been dealt with by freesync. Then looked through computer and found that my refresh rate had suddenly become 60hz. I am on a 144hz monitor connected via display port. When I go to advanced...
  10. unable to add device to monitor childs use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to add device to monitor childs use: I have tried multiple times to add my daughter's laptop to family safety to I can monitor her use. it is an ASUS brand, serial number is R7N0LP01M010286 but each time I enter the serial number it is not located. I can't find in settings to add her either so I need some help...