Windows 10: Unable To Use Mouse (Error: Code 24).

Discus and support Unable To Use Mouse (Error: Code 24). in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop with an OS upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. The mouse no longer functions at al. It's only listed when hidden items are selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wondering Wanderers, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Unable To Use Mouse (Error: Code 24).

I have a laptop with an OS upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. The mouse no longer functions at al. It's only listed when hidden items are selected in the device manager. There is an exclamation mark with the error indicating "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)".

Whenever I try to update the drivers manually it says "windows found the drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them."

I think this failure occured after an automatic update. Does someone have a fix for this?

Thanks

***Edited Original Title From: Windows 10 upgrade (Code 24)***

:)

Wondering Wanderers, Dec 27, 2018
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Unable to open Windows Store: The error code is 0x80072EFD

I have the common problem with the store with the above error code.

I have done some of the steps listed in other threads. I cannon find these threads again as Searching is extremely difficult in windows 10 as there is no browser history.

Can anybody suggest how to fix it beyond the basic steps?

Running "Type wsreset.exe and press Enter." did nothing or didn't work.

Another step listed was to check the latest video card driver. How is this done in Windows 10?

How do you drill down to internet/advanced options in windows 10? Again very easy in previous version, very difficult in windows 10.

original Title: The error code is 0x80072EFD, in case you need it.

windows 10 worst ever, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable To Use Mouse (Error: Code 24).

All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-39

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Unable To Use Mouse (Error: Code 24).

1. Unable To Use Mouse (Error: Code 24). - Similar Threads - Unable Mouse Error

2. I have hp laptop and the mouse pad not working error code 24... tried to uninstall the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have hp laptop and the mouse pad not working error code 24... tried to uninstall the...: Laptop model no. HP laptop 15g-br0xx.Suddenly mouse pad stopped working. Tried all the things unistalled the driver rebooted the system disabled the device... but when I was checking the event for mouse somewhere I saw device not started, don't understand what does that...
  3. I have hp laptop and the mouse pad not working error code 24... tried to uninstall the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have hp laptop and the mouse pad not working error code 24... tried to uninstall the...: Laptop model no. HP laptop 15g-br0xx.Suddenly mouse pad stopped working. Tried all the things unistalled the driver rebooted the system disabled the device... but when I was checking the event for mouse somewhere I saw device not started, don't understand what does that...
  4. I have hp laptop and the mouse pad not working error code 24... tried to uninstall the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Synaptics click pad not working error code 24

Synaptics click pad not working error code 24: On device manager, my synaptics clickpad says "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24". I tried uninstalling, reinstall driver on manufacturer website, mouse settings but nothing seems to be working after...
  6. Keyboard error code 24 (i804prt.sys not started)

Keyboard error code 24 (i804prt.sys not started): Hi, I hope to find some help with my keyboard. My laptop has been sluggish recently and froze a couple of times while I was watching youtube. I shut the computer down immediately after the incidents. (this must be the reason while my keyboard doesn't receive inputs). Though...
  7. Unable to sign in using xbox live, error code 1170000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in using xbox live, error code 1170000: Since the beginning of this month, 01 may 2019, I have been unable to log into Microsoft Solitaire Collection game via Xbox Live. I keep getting following error: "Sign In Error We could not sign you in to Xbox Live. Please check the Microsoft Solitaire Collection FAQ at...
  8. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Code 24 Error - Touchpad Not Functional

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Code 24 Error - Touchpad Not Functional: Hi. Yesterday, my Synaptics touchpad abruptly failed. I cannot move the mouse or click anything. I've tried a bunch of things: A simple restart Contacting Microsoft support, who did an """upgrade""" (it wasn't an actual upgrade to another Windows version or anything,...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade (Code 24)

Windows 10 upgrade (Code 24): I have a laptop with an OS upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. The mouse no longer functions at al. It's only listed when hidden items are selected in the device manager. There is an exclamation mark with the error indicating "This device is not present, is not working...
  10. Unable to use keyboard and mouse on Windows 7

Unable to use keyboard and mouse on Windows 7: After installing windows 10, I'm unable to use my keyboard and mouse after the logo screen in windows 7. Everything works fine in the BIOS, but as so as that loading screen for Windows 7 comes up, the lights on the keyboard go off, and I cant use either the mouse or keyboard....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to use mouse