Windows 10: Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop

Discus and support Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Going to be straightforward in hopes that I can get this solved. I very much need two monitors running the same RDP session to do my job. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrightLightly, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop

Hello,

Going to be straightforward in hopes that I can get this solved. I very much need two monitors running the same RDP session to do my job. This is a company laptop and company remote desktop.

1. Host laptop is Windows 10 Enterprise.

2. Remote desktop is Windows 7 Professional.

3. I have three monitors - 1 laptop and 2 extended monitors.

4. Remote Desktop Connection is set to accept all monitors.

5. Local Group Policy - "Limit number of monitors" is disabled on host laptop. I also tried setting it to two and three and it didn't work.

6. Running from command line gives the same one monitor issue.

7. Remote desktop says that I have the best driver software installed.

I don't understand why this isn't working. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Josh

:)

BrightLightly, Oct 25, 2018
  2. kleinma Win User
    kleinma, Oct 25, 2018
  3. How do I make the Windows 10 Remote Desktop app work with multiple monitors?

I've got a problem for which searching, either by Bing or Google, didn't help. At my office I have 2 monitors connected to my Windows 10 Enterprise machine. Remove connection is enabled. When I am away from my office I use my work issued Windows 10 Enterprise
    laptop, with another monitor connected to it. I want to be able to connect to my desktop at work and have both of the monitors at work, appear on the 2 monitors on the laptop. I know of the Remote Desktop Connection application in Windows, which is the Win32
    app. I've used it before and it does do what I want, but I do

NOT

Want to use the Win32 version. And this is where every single search I've done has failed for me. They all returned only help for setting up multiple monitors using the Win32 version. I have downloaded and
    installed the Remote Desktop app from the Windows Store. That is the app I want to use. And I do not see anywhere at all in the Remote Desktop Windows Store app which allows me to use multiple screens locally with the remote displays remotely. How do I do
    what I'm trying to do with the app I want to use to do it with?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Rod at Work, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop

How do I make the Windows 10 Remote Desktop app work with multiple monitors?

Hello Rod,

Remote desktop access will be best handled by our IT pros from TechNet. They have the needed expertise to assist and guide you in making the Windows 10 Remote Desktop app work with multiple monitors connected to your Windows 10 Enterprise
    machine. Here is the link where you can post your query:
    Windows 10 Enterprise TechNet forums

Regards.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop

1. Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Unable multiple monitors

2. Windows 11 Home to Windows 10 Enterprise unable to access 2nd monitor while remote desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Windows 10 Enterprise unable to access 2nd monitor while remote desktop...: I bought a new laptop XPS 17 9710 Dell and trying to connect to my work computer which has Windows 10 Enterprise using RDP. For some reason it's only opening on one monitor for me even though I've check-marked "Use all my monitors for the remote session" under Display tab of...
  3. Windows 11 Home to Windows 10 Enterprise unable to access 2nd monitor while remote desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home to Windows 10 Enterprise unable to access 2nd monitor while remote desktop...: I bought a new laptop XPS 17 9710 Dell and trying to connect to my work computer which has Windows 10 Enterprise using RDP. For some reason it's only opening on one monitor for me even though I've check-marked "Use all my monitors for the remote session" under Display tab of...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop Client - How to use "multiple but not all" monitors

Microsoft Remote Desktop Client - How to use "multiple but not all" monitors: Greetings all,I have a client that wishes to use their Microsoft Remote Desktop client program on only two of their three displays. I'm able to get the window to show on one or all displays, but not just two without putting it in windowed mode. Is this possible with the...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop Client - How to use "multiple but not all" monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Remote Desktop Client - How to use "multiple but not all" monitors: Greetings all,I have a client that wishes to use their Microsoft Remote Desktop client program on only two of their three displays. I'm able to get the window to show on one or all displays, but not just two without putting it in windowed mode. Is this possible with the...
  6. Remote Desktop - Allow Better Use of Multiple Monitors

Remote Desktop - Allow Better Use of Multiple Monitors: I would like the ability to better use my multiple monitor system I have three. I know there is an option for "use all monitors" but that doesn't always fit how I want to use things. Often, I want to use my laptop without Remote Desktop, and my two large monitors as my...
  7. Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors: Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop RD that you install from Microsoft Store, not Remote Desktop Connection across two monitors. I have looked everywhere, and cannot see anywhere to make it possible. Thanks in advance....
  8. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  9. How to use multiple monitors with the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app?

How to use multiple monitors with the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app?: This question is not about the ubiquitous RDP client that has been on windows for many years, this question is regarding the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app, which must have been packaged in an update at some point. The app I'm speaking about can be found on the windows...
  10. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10: In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that. What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to use the multiple window in system

2. windows 10 enterprise multiple monitors