Windows 10: Unable to use new AOL email address? Existing accounts on same settings are okay?

Discus and support Unable to use new AOL email address? Existing accounts on same settings are okay? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a couple of existing AOL email accounts that I access via the Windows 10 mail app, which are working fine. However, I have just created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ian757uk, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Ian757uk Win User

Unable to use new AOL email address? Existing accounts on same settings are okay?

Hi,

I have a couple of existing AOL email accounts that I access via the Windows 10 mail app, which are working fine.

However, I have just created an email address for a family member, but I can't get it to send/receive emails? The settings all appear exactly the same as the existing accounts, but it keeps saying attention required, please update password, & so on.

I am able to access the email account when I use the direct web-mail service on AOL, so the address & password are correct.

If anyone can help, then I would be most grateful, & I thank you for your time.

Ian.

:)

Ian757uk, Mar 27, 2020
  2. FSoto1 Win User

Not able to see my Aol account in Windows 10 email tool

Keep receiving this message: Account already exists. There's already an account set up to use *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (Aol). I don't see my Aol mail account.

Aol has responded to my requests for help and I have tried all suggested. Now I believe the problem is in Windows 10.

What do I need to do do to add Aol and to see my sent Aol mail?

Moved thread from: Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

FSoto1, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Setting up AOL email with Windows 10

There are a couple of ways to do this.

1. AOL ist jetzt Teil von Verizon Media

Here’s how to sync AOL e-mail with Windows 10 mail app 1. Remove you AOL account and add it again:
    • in the Mail or Calendar app, select Settings
    • Go to Accounts > Delete an account > select and delete the AOL account.
    2. Check the server settings in the Mail app:
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > select the AOL account
    • Click on Mailbox Sync Settings and make sure the following settings are there:
      • IMAP Username: YourUsername@aol.com
      • Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com (Use port 143 for standard or 993 for SSL connections).
      • SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com. Set the port to 587.
      • SMTP Username: YourUsername@aol.com.
      • SMTP Password: password you use to login to Windows 10 Mail app.
    (courtesy of Can't sync AOL emails with Windows 10 Mail app

7ff2a89d-4617-4f57-9a1a-ca8dc82d7e88, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

Unable to use new AOL email address? Existing accounts on same settings are okay?

Transitioning from an existing email address to a new email address

Hi Joni,

To help us determine a way of transitioning from an existing email address to a new email address and to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask additional information below:

• What's the domain name of your email address?
    • Are you trying to transfer emails, contacts, calendar events/appointments and notes?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to use new AOL email address? Existing accounts on same settings are okay? - Similar Threads - Unable AOL email

2. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...: A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email...
  3. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...: A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email...
  4. 2 Accounts same email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 Accounts same email address: About 4 days ago I lost an SSD hard drive for my laptop, the only security I had was the basic windows hello pin, the hard drive was not encrypted.I'm aware someone could read the contents of the hard drive by using different methods such as Linux, or booting the hard drive...
  5. 2 Accounts same email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Accounts same email address: About 4 days ago I lost an SSD hard drive for my laptop, the only security I had was the basic windows hello pin, the hard drive was not encrypted.I'm aware someone could read the contents of the hard drive by using different methods such as Linux, or booting the hard drive...
  6. 2 Accounts same email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Adding new user with same first five letters in email address to existing user

Adding new user with same first five letters in email address to existing user: In Windows 10, if one wants to have two or more users, on the same PC, that happen to have the same first 5 letters in their email address, what happens. For example: - User 1: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - User 2: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. AOL Email Account Settings Out of Date

AOL Email Account Settings Out of Date: Why does Windows not accept my valid AOL account login password for my AOL email account?When I click on "Fix Account" for the AOL account, I'm presented a panel for entering my email account password. I've tried entering the password several times. But moments after...
  9. Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address

Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address: Hi there, I have updated to a new email address and updated Microsoft details. I am now having problems with syncing One Drive as it asks for my old email address logon details. When I try to use my old email address to login, it says there is no account for that address. How...
  10. 2 Microsoft Accounts For The Same Email Address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Microsoft Accounts For The Same Email Address: Hi all, Years ago, I made a Microsoft account with my custom-domain email address. I now have that email hosted with Office 365, and try to use that as my MS account with everything. Is there any risk in deleting the first Microsoft account to stop some things trying to...