Windows 10: Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard

Discus and support Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; and the numbers keys on the right side of the keyboard have never worked. Is this normal for this new computer? ***Modified tittle from: new HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackieBrowning, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard

and the numbers keys on the right side of the keyboard have never worked. Is this normal for this new computer?

***Modified tittle from: new HP Envy 360 windows 10 laptop***

:)

JackieBrowning, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 21, 2019
  3. number two stuck on keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might be happening because of the faulty device.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model number of the device?
    4. Is this issue happening on Laptop or desktop keyboard?
    5. Which Operating system is installed on your device?

Step 1: If the issue is causing with the faulty driver, run the Hardware Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start.
    2. Search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
    3. Click on Keyboard and Run the troubleshooter.
    You may also refer the article to
    fix issues related to keyboard in Windows

Step 2: You can also try with “Onscreen keyboard” to check the working of numeric key.

1. Open run command (Windows and R key), type in
      OSK.

2. Use the numeric 2 and check the status.
    If the issue is only with the specific numeric key (Number 2), I suggest you to check with the manufacturer for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard

my keyboard desktop numbers key not responding

Hi,

There are two number keys on a keyboard, the Number Pad found at the right-side of the keyboard and the ones above the letter keys. We'd like to ask a few questions to help us identify why it's not responding:

• Were there any newly installed updates or applications on the device?
    • Are you able to remember when did it start happening?
    • What have you done so far to resolve this?
    • Which number keys are unresponsive, above the letter keys or the Number Pad?

Erika Aro, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard

1. Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard - Similar Threads - Unable Number keys

2. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right side shift key not working: Hello there!I suddenly experience the problem that my right side shift key is not working anymore. It is not a hardware issue and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as well as the sfc scan or the simple "windows troubleshooting".On the on-screen keyboard...
  3. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right side shift key not working: Hello there!I suddenly experience the problem that my right side shift key is not working anymore. It is not a hardware issue and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as well as the sfc scan or the simple "windows troubleshooting".On the on-screen keyboard...
  4. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. unable to type numbers in keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to type numbers in keyboard.: keyboard unable to type numbers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type-numbers-in-keyboard/c6b6ce9f-c105-4a3e-9d63-a5435d69827d
  6. Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working: I believe after a recent update is when the above see subject line happened. It also moved all my icons on main screen all over which I fixed. I need to know how to get the keys I can't get to work working again without spending tons of money to go to a repair place or...
  7. Number panel on side of key board not working.

Number panel on side of key board not working.: Hi There The number panel on the right side of the keyboard on my laptop is not working. Please assist with activating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-panel-on-side-of-key-board-not-working/8c98a48f-0b63-4ea9-949f-dd308465d91c
  8. Keyboard Number Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Number Key: I have a Envy HP and I cant use the number key on the right side of my keyboard. How can I enable the numbers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-number-key/2546fbe6-7af1-4b47-8f3e-9419bb47f47e
  9. keyboard side numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard side numbers: How do I reset the computer settings back to default settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-side-numbers/90773e25-393a-4dbc-a1ad-d010198eaa7d
  10. Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active

Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active: The numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active until Windows 10 completely boots up. This function is turned on in bios. PC IS: Acer Aspire ATC-705-UC52 Desktop, Intel Core i7-4790 Quad-Core 3.6GHz, 1TB SATA, 12GB DDR3, 802.11ac, Bluetooth,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use number keys in keyboard

2. unable to use number keys

3. unable to use number keys windows 10

4. unable to use numbers on keyboard,
  5. unable use numbers on keyboard,
  6. unable to use the numbers on the keyboard,
  7. how to use side number keys on keyboard,
  8. unable to use number key board