Windows 10: Unable to use printers after updating to 18999

Discus and support Unable to use printers after updating to 18999 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded to build 18999 last week. All the printing functions broke down since then. and the rolling back to last version has expired. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boffer, Oct 15, 2019.

1. boffer Win User

Unable to use printers after updating to 18999

I upgraded to build 18999 last week. All the printing functions broke down since then. and the rolling back to last version has expired. I cannot connect to printers nor use printing as pdf. Printing is totally messed up. Can any one help me?

***Modified title from: Printing not working at all***

:)

boffer, Oct 15, 2019

2. Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Unable to use printers after updating to 18999

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use printers after updating to 18999

1. Unable to use printers after updating to 18999 - Similar Threads - Unable printers updating

2. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE: Hello Sir, I'm using Windows 10 from many years but during past 6 month I'm facing issue with my windows 10 that after updating windows 10 My all other PC's which are connected with my computer through LAN they count not connect to the Printer now, I have Printer named Canon...
  3. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE: Hello Sir, I'm using Windows 10 from many years but during past 6 month I'm facing issue with my windows 10 that after updating windows 10 My all other PC's which are connected with my computer through LAN they count not connect to the Printer now, I have Printer named Canon...
  4. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to connect to Epson Printer after Windows Update

Unable to connect to Epson Printer after Windows Update: HiMy Surface Pro X recently auto-installed an update Windows 10 Home v21H1 and ever since then I can no longer connect to my Epson WF-4745 MFP.I have downloaded new printer drivers including a driver emailed to me from Epson Support.The error message reads "EpsonNet Setup...
  6. Unable to Use HP Printer

Unable to Use HP Printer: Prior to Windows 10 updates, I was able to use my HP DeskJet Pro 4100 Series printer. Now, I cannot and I am extremely frustrated. I have spent countless of weekends and some week days to get my HP printer back to the ability to use it. I am set up wireless, which the...
  7. unable to use printer after user profile issue resolved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to use printer after user profile issue resolved: we are unable to use or install printer. we had issue of not being able to sign into user profile, which blocked our access to computer. we resolved that issue with service tech help, after repairing thru cmd-blackscreen. ever since then we have not been able to use...
  8. Unable to use Search after installing updates

in Cortana
    Unable to use Search after installing updates: How do I fix Windows Search (Cortana)? I have Cortana disabled in Group Policy. I had the experience with the CPU spike with the installation of KB4512941. I uninstalled the update in the recent past and yesterday I tried installing the latest updates by resuming the...
  9. unable to use Quicken pdf printer after last Windows 10 (May 2019) update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to use Quicken pdf printer after last Windows 10 (May 2019) update: I have been using Windows 10 and Quicken DeLuxe 2017 for a long time without problems. After the last Update to Windows, I have not been able to use the pdf printer in Quicken to save my reconciliation reports. I keep getting an error that states that the "Printer not...
  10. Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates.: I have a tablet that I love dearly, but whenever Windows 10 decides to pop an update on there, it stops working. Completely. I have spent hours trying to fix it, followed every troubleshooting guide under the stars, even prayed (I'm not religious) but nothing except rolling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Message after print for test page Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000bbb). Unable to create a print job.