Windows 10: unable to use Quicken pdf printer after last Windows 10 (May 2019) update

Discus and support unable to use Quicken pdf printer after last Windows 10 (May 2019) update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 and Quicken DeLuxe 2017 for a long time without problems. After the last Update to Windows, I have not been able to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveWilson9, Aug 29, 2019.

1. unable to use Quicken pdf printer after last Windows 10 (May 2019) update

I have been using Windows 10 and Quicken DeLuxe 2017 for a long time without problems. After the last Update to Windows, I have not been able to use the pdf printer in Quicken to save my reconciliation reports. I keep getting an error that states that the "Printer not activated, Error code - 30"

I spent a day going over the Quicken KB and another day with one of Quicken's techs and could not resolve the problem. On a off chance I installed a hard drive copy that I had that is only different in the fact that it has not had the update run on it. The pdf printer performed flawlessly as it had in the past, which leads me to believe that there is now a compatibility issue with the Windows 10 update.

I have put in a lot of work to try to resolve this problem and I don't really see any great benefit from the Update. Lots of changes for the sake of change and very little substance in the OS.

:)

SteveWilson9, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Quicken ID not recognized in Quicken 2019 after 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• When you say, “Quicken 2019 will no longer recognize Quicken” what happens when you try to sign in to Quicken 2019?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?

However, I suggest you to refer the Quicken article Quicken ID Sign In Troubleshooting and
    see if that helps.

For more information, you can refer the article
    Quicken ID Frequently Asked Questions

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 29, 2019
  3. comstox Win User
    Quicken Premier 2015 unable to verify the active printer at the system level

My issue was due to a wireless HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro printer that Quicken didn't recognize so I "tricked" Quicken to thinking my main printer was the Quicken PDF Printer.

My issue was resolved by going to:

*File,

*Settings,

*Printer Setup, I then set the DEFUALT PRINTER to the Quicken PDF Printer for each of the following catagories:

1)Reports, 2)Checks, 3)Invoices.

TAKE NOTE; I'm not USING the PDF printer to actually print, but at least this way I can get to the printer diologue WITHOUT getting the error: "Quicken 2015 - unable to verify the active printer at the system
    level.
    "

Once I get the printer diolauge to come up, I change it via the drop-down list, to my HP 8600 Printer and it prints with no issues.

Regards,

Glen

comstox, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Jim70P Win User

unable to use Quicken pdf printer after last Windows 10 (May 2019) update

Quicken 2000 on Windows 10

Hi,
    Not sure why you can't print to "Microsoft Print to PDF", but quicken stores its available printer information in the file "WPR.DAT" which should be in the Quicken directory/folder. To update the list of available printers backup your Quicken directory
    then rename WPR.DAT to something else such as "WPR.OLD" then rerun Quicken. The file WPR.DAT should be regenerated and all available system printers should become available to the program.
    Hope this helps.

Jim70P, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

unable to use Quicken pdf printer after last Windows 10 (May 2019) update

1. unable to use Quicken pdf printer after last Windows 10 (May 2019) update - Similar Threads - unable Quicken pdf

2. Quicken Pdf Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Quicken Pdf Driver: I have Quicken 2006 and when trying to print reports I get error message about pdf printer driver is not connected. I was successful last month in printing a report, but this month it won't print....
  3. Quicken ID not recognized in Quicken 2019 after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quicken ID not recognized in Quicken 2019 after 1903 update: Updated Surface Pro to Windows 1903, Quicken 2019 will no longer recognize Quicken ID. Quicken support was useless, blamed MS. Anyone else having issues? Fix available? ***Modified title from: Quicken 2019 issues after 1903 update?***...
  4. Quicken 2019 issues after 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quicken 2019 issues after 1903 update?: Updated Surface Pro to Windows 1903, Quicken 2019 will no longer recognize Quicken ID. Quicken support was useless, blamed MS. Anyone else having issues? Fix available?...
  5. Unable to activate windows after May 2019 update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows after May 2019 update.: [ATTACH]I just recently I updated my windows10 to latest may 2019 edition but now it is showing that my product is not activated. I have purchased a laptop with lifetime windows but just after 2 months its showing windows is not activated. Also when I run troubleshooter it...
  6. May 2019 update for windows 10

May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  7. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  8. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  9. Quicken 2019 will not load on Windows 10

Quicken 2019 will not load on Windows 10: quicken deluxe 2019 will no longer load. Tried everything with quicken and they seem thing it is a windows thing. Any =one else have this problem? * Original title: quicken...
  10. Microsoft PDF printer, last update.

Microsoft PDF printer, last update.: *Mad Sadly to say again after M$ update, things goes wrong... Latest Microsoft PDF printer update, push bottom marginals up and PDF file lost four lines from top. So invoice does not show client name top of PDF page. This has only effect when using M$ PDF Printer, tested...