Windows 10: unable to use recording devices settings

Discus and support unable to use recording devices settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So , I am unable to open the recording devices button when i right click my sound thing at the bottom right of my screen. When I click on recording... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZHDaniel, Jun 5, 2020.

1. ZHDaniel Win User

unable to use recording devices settings

So , I am unable to open the recording devices button when i right click my sound thing at the bottom right of my screen. When I click on recording devices, it opens and freezes and i am unable to use it and it just gives me a spinning circle and is unresponsive.

:)

ZHDaniel, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Recording Devices

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

A Code 10 error is generated in Device Manager in one of the following situations:

• Device Manager can't start the device.
    • One of the drivers that the device needs does not start.
    • Device Manager has insufficient information to recognize the error that is bubbled up by the device driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
      • Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.
      • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
        Next to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager
    • In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 5, 2020
  4. weybrew Win User

weybrew, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. unable to use recording devices settings - Similar Threads - unable recording devices

2. how to set headphones as input device recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set headphones as input device recording: i want to set my headphone as an input/ recording device both input and output, something like the app called audacity, where you can have your headphones as input and output [ when like recording audio or playing the sounds that i am hearing. i know i have Stereo Mix but for...
  3. how to set headphones as input device recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to set headphones as input device recording: i want to set my headphone as an input/ recording device both input and output, something like the app called audacity, where you can have your headphones as input and output [ when like recording audio or playing the sounds that i am hearing. i know i have Stereo Mix but for...
  4. how to set headphones as input device recording

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to use WiFi settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use WiFi settings: I am unable to use my wifi despite of 'airplane mode-off' :- my pc showing "could not find wireless devices on this PC" :-I am enclosing my pc screenshot for better understanding:-...
  6. Unable to use WiFi settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use WiFi settings: I am unable to use my wifi despite of 'airplane mode-off' :- my pc showing "could not find wireless devices on this PC" :-I am enclosing my pc screenshot for better understanding:-...
  7. Recording device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording device: Hello, so recently i installed a program which was supposed to help me with audio stuff. but after resetting my computer during config, my recording device stopped working my mic wont pick up any sound. I use a headset microphone. i was wondering if there was a way to like...
  8. Unable to access devices in settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access devices in settings.: Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/peckzzz...
  9. Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.

Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.: Greetings, I was looking for the volume input control for my recently added microphone and realised (after some searching online) that I no longer have the Recording Devices option when right-clicking my volume icon. Nor do I find it anywhere else. I have uninstalled and...
  10. audio devices - recording - no advanced tab in properties - unable to set or select bitrate

audio devices - recording - no advanced tab in properties - unable to set or select bitrate: I use avid (m-audio) fast track c400 with latest drivers from manufacturers web site. The problem I face is it is impossible to set the bitrate and sample rate as there is no Advanced tab in options for this device. Is there any way to switch the bitrate or sample rate via...