Windows 10: unable to use search bar

Discus and support unable to use search bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Search bar does not work after windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryBartlett1, Apr 7, 2020.

1. unable to use search bar

Search bar does not work after windows update

:)

MaryBartlett1, Apr 7, 2020

2. Unable to search files using Windows search bar

Hi Jill,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would recommend you to run
    search and indexing troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Type indexing on the search bar and click on click on
      search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the search and indexing dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      search and indexing troubleshooter.
    Please be informed that, it is not possible to revert back to the Windows 7 Start menu. However, I suggest you to give your valuable feedback and suggestion using Windows feedback app.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 7, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

unable to use search bar

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

unable to use search bar

1. unable to use search bar - Similar Threads - unable search bar

2. Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item: The Window Start Search bar is not the issue. It is the search bar that is on the window for documents and desktop folders, or external hard drive folders. The search bar is useless oftentimes not even allowing you to type within it. There are no error messages or any other...
  3. Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item: The Window Start Search bar is not the issue. It is the search bar that is on the window for documents and desktop folders, or external hard drive folders. The search bar is useless oftentimes not even allowing you to type within it. There are no error messages or any other...
  4. Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to open and use windows 10 search bar and file explorer search.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open and use windows 10 search bar and file explorer search.: [ATTACH] Hey, a little backstory to my issue, yesterday everything was fine untill a thunder struck my house yesterday and in panic i unplugged my pc from the wall while it was running. Everything works fine now except this, i dont know if me turning my pc off so abruptly...
  6. Can't use Search Bar.

Can't use Search Bar.: I can't use the search bar and some search feature in file explorer on my laptop. But in my desktop I can use the search bar beside the start button and everything. Version 2004. submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments]...
  7. CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.

CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.: I can't use the search bar or even search anything on my laptop. But on my desktop I can use the search bar on the Windows. Version 2004 submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx9pgy/cant_use_search_bar/
  8. Desktop and task bar icons not loading, unable to use search bar too

Desktop and task bar icons not loading, unable to use search bar too: My pc has not worked for about a year now so took my laptop to uni instead. Back home now because of corona virus so have only just got round to trying to fix it. My pc loads fine untill I put in my password in to log in. When I do that for about 4 or 5 minutes my screen is...
  9. Unable to type into Search Bar

Unable to type into Search Bar: Is anybody else experiencing issues of not being able to type into search bar. I tried restarting search as well as resetting it. submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f26d6q/unable_to_type_into_search_bar/
  10. Randomly unable to type in search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly unable to type in search bar: I have read many posts on how to fix this problem, but it always happens again. Why has MS not fixed this and is there any way to resolve this annoying problem? I use remote desktop often and it also affects being able to log in using RDP. Any help would be greatly...