Windows 10: Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player

Discus and support Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Windows DVD player from the app store and it plays DVDs well. The only thing is that I can't get it to display the subtitles embedded in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elizabeth, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Elizabeth Win User

Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player

I purchased Windows DVD player from the app store and it plays DVDs well.

The only thing is that I can't get it to display the subtitles embedded in my DVDs. I click on the little subtitles icon at the bottom left of the main DVD player screen when a DVD is playing and nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

:)

Elizabeth, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Mr McC Win User

Unable to disable subtitles in Windows Media Player

Hi folks,

I rented Shutter Island last night and was unable to disable the subtitles in Windows Media Player. Is this something to do with regional playback protection? Does anybody have a workaround to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Mr McC, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Mr McC Win User

I'm in Spain, so there is no problem there. However, I'm trying to avoid installing any additional third-party software or codecs and I'm hoping that there is a way to configure Windows Media Player. It is ridiculous that I am unable to play an original DVD without subtitles in the latest version of Microsoft's Media Player.

Mr McC, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Mr McC Win User

I have no additional codecs installed: I only use WMP for DVD's and KMPlayer for everything else, and up to this point I have experienced no problems. I assume that I could tell KMPlayer to used the Windows DVD codecs, but if there is a way to fix this issue within WMP, I would prefer that and I would prefer not to install any third-party codecs.

I should add that when I watch the film in Spanish, no subtitles are displayed, it is only when I change the language to English that I am unable to deactivate subtitles.

Mr McC, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player - Similar Threads - Unable subtitles DVD

2. Using an external DVD player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using an external DVD player: Can someone explain how to get this to show up when I connect it so I can watch dvds? Very simple terms please, I'm old and not techy! I have watched before, but can't figure it out today! Thanks!!...
  3. Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player: How do I turn off the damned subtitles in Windows DVD player? It is this one--- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10771/windows-dvd-playback-options ---which is recommended at support.microsoft.com. If a DVD has subtitles, they are on by default. If I try to turn...
  4. Unable to install Windows DVD Player

Unable to install Windows DVD Player: dvd player will not install I purchased the app and no joy ***Modified title from: dvd player*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-windows-dvd-player/13d50948-8e7f-4a1e-95e7-9e2373ee55f0
  5. Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player

Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player: Закупих и инсталирах посоченото по-горе приложение,но въпреки това не мога да възпроизвеждам DVD.Не знам защо сте изтеглили сумата 31 лв два пъти.Моля да ми възстановите сума от 62 лв. С...
  6. Subtitles in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Subtitles in Windows Media Player: Hello. I am having a hard time viewing subtitles in Windows Media Player on my Windows 10. I have turned the "on if available" in Lyrics, Captions & Subtitles from the options menu, but it is still not loading. I dragged and dropped the subtitle file in the media player, but...
  7. microsoft dvd player app does not show subtitles

microsoft dvd player app does not show subtitles: I bought a new computer with windows 10. I bought the nicrosoft dvd player app. The picture shows and the sound is OK but it doesnot show subtitles - the DVD is an original and the box states subtitles are available....
  8. Unable to use Windows DVD Player 7 day trial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to use Windows DVD Player 7 day trial: I have windows 10 I downloaded the free 7 day trial so i can use my dvd player and still it pops up and does nothing ***Modified title from: free trial dvd from microsoft***...
  9. Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10: Why can't Microsoft, a world famous company, do a simple thing like allow users to add external subtitles to their PAID DVD Player App? They appear to have successfully killed off the Windows DVD player market just at the time when users from around the world want to see...
  10. Subtitles can be use to hack computers and media players

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Subtitles can be use to hack computers and media players: New kind of threat have been found by Check Point researchers. Media players (standalone and on computers), including popular ones like VLC, KODI and smart TVs, can be hacked by malicious subtitles. Developers are already updating their applications with patches, but to...