Windows 10: Unable to use Surface Pro after Win 11 update

Discus and support Unable to use Surface Pro after Win 11 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed a couple of updates to Win 11 on my Surface Pro. When it restarted, I get the Bitlocker Recovery page. When I went to my Microsoft account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LRubystone, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Unable to use Surface Pro after Win 11 update

I installed a couple of updates to Win 11 on my Surface Pro. When it restarted, I get the Bitlocker Recovery page. When I went to my Microsoft account, it says that I do not have a Bitlocker recovery key for this device. That makes sense since I did not turn on Bitlocker, so I never saved any key. I decided to bite the bullet and Reset this PC. The issue is that each choice I make to reset has an issue. I tried to keep my files and then Cloud Download and Local reinstall and both have errors. The first is "Unable to download. Please try Reset this PC using the local reinstall option. " The sec

:)

LRubystone, Aug 21, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - July 11, 2017

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 update history | Surface firmware updates

See also: Update for Surface Pro 4 (11 July 2017) Surface

Manual download: Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Aug 21, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Aug 21, 2022
  4. Unable to use Surface Pro after Win 11 update

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

Unable to use Surface Pro after Win 11 update

1. Unable to use Surface Pro after Win 11 update - Similar Threads - Unable Surface Pro

2. Unable to update to Win 11 23H2 on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update to Win 11 23H2 on Surface Pro: On my Surface Pro 8 running Win 11 10.0.22621, I cannot download and install Windows ver. 23H2. I get Download error 0x80246019. I read the responses given in the forum to others, including running the troubleshooter on Windows update. That did find some errors and presumably...
  3. Unable to update to Win 11 23H2 on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update to Win 11 23H2 on Surface Pro: On my Surface Pro 8 running Win 11 10.0.22621, I cannot download and install Windows ver. 23H2. I get Download error 0x80246019. I read the responses given in the forum to others, including running the troubleshooter on Windows update. That did find some errors and presumably...
  4. Unable to Disconnect Accounts Used for Other Apps - Win 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Disconnect Accounts Used for Other Apps - Win 11 Pro: I am logged into my machine as local admin. This is a personal laptop. I am attempting to disconnect a Work or School account that I no longer have access to but has caused issues with attempting to log into Microsoft apps. I have no option to Disconnect only Manage. When I...
  5. Unable to Disconnect Accounts Used for Other Apps - Win 11 Pro

Unable to Disconnect Accounts Used for Other Apps - Win 11 Pro: I am logged into my machine as local admin. This is a personal laptop. I am attempting to disconnect a Work or School account that I no longer have access to but has caused issues with attempting to log into Microsoft apps. I have no option to Disconnect only Manage. When I...
  6. Unable to use Surface Pro after Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use Surface Pro after Win 11 update: I installed a couple of updates to Win 11 on my Surface Pro. When it restarted, I get the Bitlocker Recovery page. When I went to my Microsoft account, it says that I do not have a Bitlocker recovery key for this device. That makes sense since I did not turn on Bitlocker, so...
  7. SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility: My SUrface Pro has been running WIn 10 for two years, since Sept 2020. Now I am told this computer is NOT compatile and does not meet Win 11 requirements. Really? jsut toss it"?...
  8. SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility

SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility: My SUrface Pro has been running WIn 10 for two years, since Sept 2020. Now I am told this computer is NOT compatile and does not meet Win 11 requirements. Really? jsut toss it"?...
  9. SUrface Pro WIn 11 compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Unable to use surface

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use surface: I was messing around with the display settings and I'm now on the lowest resolution at 500 percent scaling. This leaves me too zoomed in to do anything. I can't scroll down on the display settings page to do things. Is there any way to shortcut default settings or...