Windows 10: Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates.

Discus and support Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a tablet that I love dearly, but whenever Windows 10 decides to pop an update on there, it stops working. Completely. I have spent hours trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zita_22, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Zita_22 Win User

Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates.

I have a tablet that I love dearly, but whenever Windows 10 decides to pop an update on there, it stops working. Completely. I have spent hours trying to fix it, followed every troubleshooting guide under the stars, even prayed (I'm not religious) but nothing except rolling back Windows 10 to a previous build works to get rid of my problem.

Only issue is, whenever I leave my computer on sleep because, I don't know, I'd like to eat??? or something? Windows decides that it wants to take advantage of me not looking at the screen, and updates.

Every time.

I always dread waking my computer (or even turning it on, if it shuts down) because I, without fail, have now seen the mocking blue screen of Windows saying "Hello Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates. :)))) here's an update!!! Don't shut off your PC Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates. :))!!" in the soft font of Segoe UI, and every time I have to painstakingly roll it back to a previous build because "my apps don't work with this." I always spend a couple hours troubleshooting JUST IN CASE *this* time the drivers may work, maybe *this* time the settings will work, but it never does. It's so frustrating.

I've tried setting the update option to "defer feature updates" but it doesn't work. Nothing will stop the thirst for power, and I for one have had ENOUGH!

PLEASE tell me there is some workaround to this hell. I do not want to pay another $500 (or more) for a new tablet when my old one works wonderfully, except with the latest Windows updates.

***modified title from: Ya'll gon' make me lose my mind (up in here, up in here)***

:)

Zita_22, Feb 5, 2019

2. Best windows 8 tablet?

I've apple ipod touch 4g, google nexus 4, hp envy 17 3d, so using all 3 OS - iOS, android, windows 7.

I dont have any tablet yet..thinking to buy windows 8 tablet..

i like hp envy x2 much..tablet cum notebook..

but microsoft surface and many other good tablets in market and i dont have idea..

suggest me best windows 8/?RT tablets..

thx..

freebird_9924, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Unable to connect the Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet on Windows 10 computer

Hi Arthur,

As you are facing issues accessing the Samsung tablet on Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to detect the tablet under Device Manager?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of accessing the tablet on your computer?

Connect your tablet to computer try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.

• Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.

• If so, right click on the driver, click on
      Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to download the latest tablet software to access it on computer, install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Refer to the Link to download the software.

Click on Support and download the Samsung kies.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the Samsung software and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the tablet on computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates.

Tablet mode not working since Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed,I would like you to answer the following questions:

• Could you please tell me if tablet mode is enabled?
    • Could you please explain when you say "NOT A SINGLE ONE of my apps are to be found anywhere"?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

If tablet mode is not enabled,I suggest you to enable it by performing the following steps:

• Click or tap the Start button
    • Open the Settings application
    • Click or tap on "System"
    • In the pane on the left of the screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"
    • Ensure the toggle is set to either on or off to your preference.

Method 2

I suggest you to Follow the below steps to Run the System maintenance Troubleshooter:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on System maintenance .
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3

The glitch issue might occur due to some corruption in the display drivers.So,I recommend you to update the display adapter and check.

Please refer the article below:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates.

1. Unable to use tablet after the Windows updates. - Similar Threads - Unable tablet updates

2. After Windows 11 Update unable to use the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 Update unable to use the PC: Hello, I received the update for Windows 11 today and after downloading and installing it using the windows update, I shut down my PC it worked perfectly after the update and had no issues using the system and when I tried to turn it back on again, it went into infinite loop...
  3. After Windows 11 Update unable to use the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows 11 Update unable to use the PC: Hello, I received the update for Windows 11 today and after downloading and installing it using the windows update, I shut down my PC it worked perfectly after the update and had no issues using the system and when I tried to turn it back on again, it went into infinite loop...
  4. Dead tablet after updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead tablet after updates.: I have an Rca Cambio W101 V2 tablet. I installed the windows updates and now the tablet is dead, no power light. Nothing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-tablet-after-updates/a30def34-14ab-42ef-8b56-1ecc4331a6eb
  5. Dead tablet after updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead tablet after updates.: I have an Rca Cambio W101 V2 tablet. I installed the windows updates and now the tablet is dead, no power light. Nothing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-tablet-after-updates/a30def34-14ab-42ef-8b56-1ecc4331a6eb
  6. Dead tablet after updates.

7. Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows

Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows: What apps can I use to use my android tablet as a writing tablet? Aside how do I know these apps/other apps are safe? particularly when they are not part of windows store or......
  8. Using android tablet as writing tablet for windows

Using android tablet as writing tablet for windows: What apps can I use to use my android tablet as a writing tablet? Aside how do I know these apps/other apps are safe? particularly when they are not part of windows store or......
  9. Windows tablet unable to ping after a day or more

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows tablet unable to ping after a day or more: I'm doing a project to keep all windows tablets running while they are closed with the keyboard attached. I need this working so that we can push updates to them or other admin stuff 24/7. The tablets are HP Elite X2 1012 G2 Tablet running Windows Enterprise x64. They are...
  10. Windows 10 unable to use calculator after update

Windows 10 unable to use calculator after update: When attempt to use the calculator it will open but then it shuts off. I never experience this problem until last week when it updated the windows 10. I did it's thing by shutting down several time during the up date....