Windows 10: Unable to use TCP ports above 49728

Discus and support Unable to use TCP ports above 49728 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I originally saw this issue within a Node.js app, but I've replicated it in a basic winsock TCP server example as well. Ever since the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NicholasCrast, May 22, 2019.

1. Unable to use TCP ports above 49728

Hi guys,

I originally saw this issue within a Node.js app, but I've replicated it in a basic winsock TCP server example as well. Ever since the latest Windows Update, I'm unable to use ports above 49728 in my applications. I get access denied errors when I try to bond.

I've tried during all windows defender and firewall functionality off, but that seems to make no difference. I took a look through the release notes of the past few released, but couldn't find anything that seemed related to this.

Has anyone experienced this? This has happened with two of my Windows machines (running Win10 Pro) after they restarted and received the latest update.

-Nick

:)

NicholasCrast, May 22, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to reset dynamic port for TCP/IP to default

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • Is the computer connected to a domain network?

I would suggest you to refer the article on
    The default dynamic port range for TCP/IP
    to know more about default dynamic range.

However, if you have further queries related to this issue, you can post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on dynamic ports.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 22, 2019
  3. Looking for IIS real time TCP viewer, Logger

Can anyone suggest a free real time TCP viewer-logger?

Later edit:
    Currently I have TCP view from microsoft. It would be nice if it was sort of the same thing with the IIS log files, mail, and ftp ports, etc. along with some parsing.

greenhouse, May 22, 2019
  4. MrJezbo Win User

Unable to use TCP ports above 49728

Unable to enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP in PowerShell

Hi Eagle51,

When I try to change the value in the registry, it still shows as disabled.

I ran the commands you suggested and still no luck. However, should the value be changed from 0 to 1 in the last command?

Unable to use TCP ports above 49728 [​IMG]

MrJezbo, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use TCP ports above 49728

1. Unable to use TCP ports above 49728 - Similar Threads - Unable TCP ports

2. Block TCP Port 3389

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block TCP Port 3389: How Block Port 3389 ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-tcp-port-3389/de6fb848-5a1b-4c07-bc59-28f1ddb2341b
  3. Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through?

Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through?: I wrote program for Socket Sever & Client . It was two IP communicate problem. But I can use command "ping 172.18.78.54" & "ping 172.18.78.60" Both was fine in ping through. But the port for each other was not communicate? I use "netstat -a" and found that no port can...
  4. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. currently using Windows 10 Build 1809 AMD Radeon R9 M360 121468
  5. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. 121468
  6. Unable to enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP in PowerShell

Unable to enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP in PowerShell: Hi, I cant work out how to enable tcp ip in powershell. i can change it in the network adapter settings but it still shows disabled when i ipconfig /all. Im trying to get my desktop to see my laptop and NAS that is on the network. my laptop can see everything fine. Ive...
  7. Changing Microsoft Remote Desktop Port from Default TCP 3389 to TCP 110.

Changing Microsoft Remote Desktop Port from Default TCP 3389 to TCP 110.: Hello, I have a Windows 10 PC I am connecting to on my Macbook using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. It works fine on port 3389 with the port open on my PC and Router and my Mac configured to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3389. But the second I open the port 110 on my PC and...
  8. TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?: Under resource monitor > TCP connections, I've noticed quite a bit of activity on remote ports 80 and 443. I decided to track several of these IP addresses and whilst some are expected (Microsoft, Amazon (Firefox)), there were a few which went to other mainly web hosting...
  9. Remove com ports in use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove com ports in use?: While installing a USB to RS232 ftdi cable I noticed that I have about 20 com ports that say "in use" but are not in fact being used by anything (at least I don't think so). Is there a way to clear those com ports so that they can be used by a new device? Obviously...
  10. tcp fast open

tcp fast open: Is tcp fast open a good thing to do or is it useless or dangerous 88073