Windows 10: Unable to use the HDMI option to display

Discus and support Unable to use the HDMI option to display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I am unable to display/connect to the monitor [samsung] using the HDMI option.What could be the reason and possible solution?thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wenceslauspereira, May 4, 2021.

1. Unable to use the HDMI option to display

Hello,I am unable to display/connect to the monitor [samsung] using the HDMI option.What could be the reason and possible solution?thanks

:)

wenceslauspereira, May 4, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, May 4, 2021
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, May 4, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Unable to use the HDMI option to display

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Unable to use the HDMI option to display

1. Unable to use the HDMI option to display - Similar Threads - Unable HDMI option

2. unable to use sign in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to use sign in options: i am unable to use sign in options i baught this laptop like 1 year ago and now i want a password but i am unable to do it it say some settings are managed by your organisation how ever this is a personal computer - windows 10 home i would like you to help me please thank you...
  3. unable to use sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to use sign in options: i am unable to use sign in options i baught this laptop like 1 year ago and now i want a password but i am unable to do it it say some settings are managed by your organisation how ever this is a personal computer - windows 10 home i would like you to help me please thank you...
  4. unable to use sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDMI display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI display: I have plugged the HDMI cable into my ASUSVivoBook with windows 10 and my tv. When I turn my TV on the computer is not displayed on the screen. * I have checked that the TV is displaying the same HDMI port that the computer is plugged into. I have tried different...
  6. unable to use the paste option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to use the paste option: I have tried using the sfc/scannow, the rdpclip.exe, and the cmd procedures to correct this problem. None have worked. Help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-the-paste-option/d822ef69-7a7b-47d2-871e-83bff157d750
  7. HDMI Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Display: Hello, I have poor eye sight and need a TV monitor to see the computer screen. I have a Dell OptiPlex windows 10 and when I first got it had trouble getting it to display on the HDMI screen. I spoke with the Dell service rep at the time who helped me connect to the TV. But...
  8. HDMI Audio option not displayed

HDMI Audio option not displayed: Hi all, I've been using a monitor with my laptop with no issues until today, normally as a sound option my monitor appears, however now the only option is the laptop's built in audio. In device manager and sound manager the HDMI monitor is gone as an option for audio. I have...
  9. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. currently using Windows 10 Build 1809 AMD Radeon R9 M360 121468
  10. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. 121468