Windows 10: Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost

Discus and support Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am at my wits end , for the past 3 or so months I haven't been able to effectively use the internet in any shape or form on my PC . I thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by You owe me money, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost

I am at my wits end , for the past 3 or so months I haven't been able to effectively use the internet in any shape or form on my PC . I thought I managed to somehow fix it with a solution found here and not from an "official" answer but the problem . Sometimes I go through a few hours fine , and sometimes like today , during a 25 minute video I've had 8 cuts before reaching half of it.

Anytime I connect to anything , be it google , office ,discord or my games , at some point , at random there will be svchostDNS client + svchost DHCPand sometimes "system" that will start and just ...download something , I don't know what it is , where it goes and there is no way to stop it. On top of that the store doesn't work , but hey that's a given from microsoft, and can't find a solution either,so bonus points for whoever fixes that !

So far to try and fix this i've tried, by searching oh so far every combination of words up to page 8 of google searches

-editing the registry to force DNS client to stop

-metered connection

-disbaling updates

-disabling bits

-disbaling anything related to the background download of updates

-reinstalling drivers

-"fixing" windows 10 with the ISO

-swearing at it a few times

-flushing the DNS X 5

-using this command: ipconfig /flushdns && ipconfig /release && Ipconfig /registerdns && ipconfig /renew

-disabling DNS , reseting connections ,rebooting then reconecting and starting DNS againwhich worked for about 2 weeks

-Running the troubleshooter on everything and anything , as well as when the issue happenssaid troubleshooter still insists the store works like a charm

I know DNS cache is a normal service on windows 10 yada yada , but is it supposed to render the machine unusable ? never had any issue like this on my old windows 7 and XP rigs

thank you for reading , maybe by posting here i'll get a concrete answer.

:)

You owe me money, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Oct 28, 2020
  3. ex_reven Win User
    RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost

1. Unable to use the internet for more that a minute at times thanks to Svchost - Similar Threads - Unable internet more

2. Unable to use internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use internet: A couple of days ago, my WiFi was working fine but then, when I restarted the router, it suddenly didn't work. It would connect but it would say "no internet, secured" and in troubleshooting, I get the "The network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn't receive network...
  3. Unable to use internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use internet: A couple of days ago, my WiFi was working fine but then, when I restarted the router, it suddenly didn't work. It would connect but it would say "no internet, secured" and in troubleshooting, I get the "The network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn't receive network...
  4. Unable to use internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to update time via Internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to update time via Internet: Today I happened to notice that my PC was a couple of minutes off, and that it hadn't synchronized time in a few months. I tried to manually synchronize, but it does not work. I have tried the following servers: time.windows.com pool.ntp.org time.nist.gov time-a.nist.gov...
  6. Microphone is used by svchost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is used by svchost: [ATTACH] Whenever i try to use my microphone it gets taken over by svchost.exe and it doesn't allow me to use it i can't make a video call with sound, record, etc...
  7. SVCHOST using 100% DIsk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SVCHOST using 100% DIsk: I am running Build 18985. System is running very slow and System task is using 100% Disk. I have researched the issue and found process SVCHOST using the disk. I have done the following: Disabled Microsoft Update Disabled all startup process Stopped all services except...
  8. Unable to send request for more screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to send request for more screen time: Hi. I noticed my child is unable to request for more screen time when the VPN is connected. It works perfectly when the VPN is off. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-request-for-more-screen-time/6260bf14-815b-487d-9afb-1b7eb37408e9"
  9. Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes): Hello, i want to ask about my laptop that run on windows 10 home, version 1803. I just bought this new laptop, at first it was fine, but after about a week it started to have problem that it takes time too long than normal when it is restarted or booted. I have tried multiple...
  10. Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet: This is a problem sporadically affecting two Windows 10 machines we have in our house. Most of the time, internet access is as expected - log in, and, within reason starting fresh, you're on the internet and going. But sometimes, the computer will be in a...