Windows 10: Unable to use the Internet when I play certain games

Discus and support Unable to use the Internet when I play certain games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a strange problem that began yesterday completely out of the blue and I need assistance because I'm at my wits end on what else can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Galealayo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Galealayo Win User

Unable to use the Internet when I play certain games

Hi, I am having a strange problem that began yesterday completely out of the blue and I need assistance because I'm at my wits end on what else can be done to resolve it.

To start off I am using Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit running off of a wireless connection at home and I donot have direct access to the router but I know the owner.

To begin, yesterday I was using Discord and wanted to enter a voice chat while streaming a game I've been playing recently called Subnautica that's run through Steam and normally I'm able to stream and chat no problem. I loaded the game up, connected to the voice chat and went to stream. I wasn't connecting and instead I noticed that I had no connection to the Internet at all and that I was unable to viewany wireless networks on my laptop. The little window came up but it didn't list anything which is weird because there are several wireless networks in my area at all times. I have to note that this only happened in the beginning before I tried other methods. I've been able to view the other networks since then. Also, I seem to be able to connect to the voice chat no problemuntil I try to stream any of the games mentioned further on in this post.

So I closed everything out and rebooted my computer. No change. I decided to try re-installing Discord thinking maybe it was related to the app. Nope. Decided to try something else. I logged off of Discord and opened the game back up, switched tabs to my desktop and tried opening up a web page through my browser. Page wouldn't load at all. Okay so that ruled out Discord. Maybe it's a Steam problem. I closed the game and refreshed the web page and it went through no problem. I decided to try out Warframe which requires you to connect to the Internet to play and also runs through Steam. I had no problem connecting to that and browsing random web pages. However this is where I noticed that it's not just Steam that I run into issues. I closed down Steam and opened up Minecraft Java Edition and loaded up an offline solo game and tried browsing the web--no go. Interesting. Going back to the main menu allowed the connection to go return to normal. I tried connecting to a Minecraft community server and it went through but it ended up kicking me out of the server and displaying a "timed out" error after about a minute or so. Tried again--same result and error.

I've looked up this problem online relying on past users having seemingly the same problem and the following hasn't helped at all:

+Run cmd as Administrator to:

- Flush the DNS

- Release and renew the IP address

- Resetting TCP/IP

+Checked Windows Firewall and allowed all of the affected services to run through it
    +Tried setting manual IP and DNS addresses through the IPv4/6 settings on the wireless network's properties

+Uninstalling, reinstalling and upgrading the wireless network driver

+Unplugging, waiting at least 30 seconds and plugging back in the power to the router

I have rebooted the computer at the proper times for each method I've tried several times altogether. I tried running the same Minecraft app on another computer and that was able to connect to the Internet no problem with a file running. I've checked the status of the wireless adapter while an affected game is running and it shows that I am still receiving packets so something is still able to get through somehow. Ihave tried all of this with my antivirus turned off and even the firewall to no avail.

I have run the Windows network troubleshooter and while it does not detect anything wrong when I'm able to connect to the Internet no problem I have seen a few different results when I'm not. The last one it printed out as "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is not responding" and a previous post on here was of no help to me whatsoever.

I've only had this computer for about a month and based on previous posts I've seen, reinstalling Windows 10 doesn't appear to help whatsoever so I am not willing to try that unless as an absolute last resort.

So my conclusion is that there's something I still haven't tried on my computer that is blocking my connection for certain services or it's a router issue and if it's the latter I will need to get permission to access it through the owner.

I know this post is a bit long but hopefully someone can assist me further. I'd greatly appreciate any help that I can get.

:)

Galealayo, Jun 19, 2020

2. Certain keys unresponsive while playing games.

Hello Anthonie,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with certain keyboard keys not working when playing games. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Does the issue occur when you play online games or downloaded games from store or installed using DVD?

Kindly download and install any game and check if the same issue occurs with the games as well. Further install all pending Windows updates and check if the same issue occurs.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assists you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to play farmville game in IE 11

Hi Donna,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you face same issue in Microsoft Edge too?
    • Is the issue specific to Farmville game?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Check if the Add-on are causing the issue.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Step 2: Let us check if cookies might be the reason for the issue.

Delete and manage cookies

Step 3: If the above steps didn't help in resolving the issue then I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the
    Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Note: Also install all pending Windows updates in your PC and check.

Do let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Unable to use the Internet when I play certain games

Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use the Internet when I play certain games

1. Unable to use the Internet when I play certain games - Similar Threads - Unable Internet play

2. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games: I am asking about an issue I’m having with my gaming PC that I built a couple years ago. I’ve been playing 2 specific games lately and it has recently started dropping my internet connection after a few hours of playtime and then will shortly reestablish connection within...
  3. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games: I am asking about an issue I’m having with my gaming PC that I built a couple years ago. I’ve been playing 2 specific games lately and it has recently started dropping my internet connection after a few hours of playtime and then will shortly reestablish connection within...
  4. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  6. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  7. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Internet disconnecting while playing certain games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnecting while playing certain games: This problem has been occurring for a year now, I once fixed it by messing around with the settings and the other time It was fixed by a computer maintainer, but recently, it came back for some reason, and it is very annoying. basically, what happens is that my internet...
  9. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: I get BSOD's when playing certain games; Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Civilization VI, and Witcher 3. However, I don't get BSOD's when playing Crysis 3, or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The driver that's causing it is Hal.dll. My PSU is new, and I ran the windows memory test and...
  10. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: My laptop been having this problem for this many times. While gaming everyday, have BSOD almost everyday. Screen went blue and won't restart at all. have to manually restart the laptop. The DM Log Collector file is attached. From: Kevin 29255