Windows 10: Unable to use the option Change Product Key

Discus and support Unable to use the option Change Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; II have a product key for windows pro. When I go into Settings to change product key from Home to PRO, It asks for Product Key which is filled in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RuthKnappenberger1, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Unable to use the option Change Product Key

II have a product key for windows pro. When I go into Settings to change product key from Home to PRO, It asks for Product Key which is filled in with X's and 0's. When I try to enter my product key it will not let me enter my key. As soon as I try to enter the first Digit, it does not accept it and immediately goes to message saying I entered a wrong product key. How do I correct this problem. I installed the Pro edition but it will not activate it because it says I do not have a product key. Can anyone help me??

***Modified title from: Change Product Key***

:)

RuthKnappenberger1, Feb 11, 2020

2. Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Feb 11, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Unable to use the option Change Product Key

Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use the option Change Product Key

1. Unable to use the option Change Product Key - Similar Threads - Unable option Change

2. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  3. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter/change product key: Hello, I am trying to enter my product key to activate windows on my newly built PC. When I try to click the link/page to enter/change my product key, I receive an error and the link does not work. It causes my PC to crash and the settings menu freezes. I purchased a product...
  4. Unable to enter/change product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to change Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change Windows Product Key: My University supplied students with Windows 10/11 Education while we were enrolled. I am no longer enrolled and was told that I will lose access to my accounts. Because of this I recently purchased a Windows 11 License for myself from the Microsoft website, but anytime I...
  6. Unable to change Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change Windows Product Key: My University supplied students with Windows 10/11 Education while we were enrolled. I am no longer enrolled and was told that I will lose access to my accounts. Because of this I recently purchased a Windows 11 License for myself from the Microsoft website, but anytime I...
  7. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...: I found my Product key from command prompt admin, but when I try to activate it, it prompts an error that the product key didn't work, Try again. I checked it twice and it was correct, but it isn't activating, help....
  8. I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I entered correct Product key to the option "Change Product Key", but it says that 'The...: I found my Product key from command prompt admin, but when I try to activate it, it prompts an error that the product key didn't work, Try again. I checked it twice and it was correct, but it isn't activating, help....
  9. Unable to use windows product key

Unable to use windows product key: Hello,I had installed windows 10 on my macbook laptop via Bootcamp and used Windows Product Key in order to activate the windows.Since I had bugs I couldn't solve by using guides from the web, I've decided to reinstall the Windows again.Before reinstalling the windows 10 is...
  10. unable to change product key

unable to change product key: I am trying to enter a legit win 10 product key that i recently purchased to a PC that has a non-legit license activated probably with a loader. I go through Settings-> System-> Change product key and complete all the steps without errors. But when I type slmgr/dli to...