Windows 10: Unable to use USB camera

Discus and support Unable to use USB camera in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed windows media feature pack of N & KN version. In the device manager I see the message that tells me my Camera Driver is updated and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BishwajitKhanra, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Unable to use USB camera

I have installed windows media feature pack of N & KN version.

In the device manager I see the message that tells me my Camera Driver is updated and camera device is working properly.

Issues:

1. When I try to open Windows Camera, it says "Please install Windows Media Feature pack". When I try to install it, it shows it's already installed. I cannot use the Windows Camera app.

2. When I try to Video-call on Google Duo on chrome browser, it Chrome cannot detect it.

Firefox browser is however able to detect it and I can successfully make a video-call.

Can someone help me how I can start accessing the camera from Chrome or Windows Camera?

:)

BishwajitKhanra, Jul 8, 2020

2. ENTO USB Camera

Hi Ralph,

For us to properly install your USB camera, we need to make sure first that the camera is still detected on your computer. Do access your Device Manager and see if the camera is still there. If so, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to help us diagnose and address the problem.

To access Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, then type in Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting once it's up.
    • On the left panel, click View all.
    • Look for Hardware and Devices.
    • Click it and follow on-screen instructions.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to open camera 0xa00F4271(0x8007001F)

Hi Jawad,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which troubleshooting steps are you referring to?
    • Does this issue occurs in any particular app e.g. Skype?

Try to use the camera on different apps or websites and check if it works fine. Refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Windows can't find or start the camera:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/can-not-find-start-camera-webcam

Do let us know if you are able to use Camera. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to use USB camera

Unable to use USB and Printer on laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use USB and Printer on your laptop, we will look into this for you. However, to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply to the following questions:

• What happens when you plug in any USB device to the laptop?
    • Do you receive any error code/message?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the make and model of the printer?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install latest Windows Updates

I suggest you to install the pending updates on the computer and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Update & Security.
    3. Click on Windows Updates.
    4. Click on Check for Updates, this will check for the updates and install them.
    5. If prompted, restart the computer to finish installing the updates.

Method 2: Reinstall USB controllers

We can try uninstalling the USB controllers that are not working properly and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      box.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and click on OK. This will open
      Device Manager.
    3. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    4. Right click a device and select Uninstall. Repeat this step for each device that is not working.
    5. Once complete, restart the computer. The USB devices will be installed automatically after restart.

Method 3: Disable USB selective suspend setting

You can disable the USB selective suspend setting this will prevent the USB device from powering down. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Now, click on Power Options.
    5. Click on Change plan settings for the current selected plan.
    6. Click on Change advanced power settings.
    7. Expand USB Settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    8. Click on the drop down and select Disabled for
      On battery and Plugged in.
    9. Click on Apply and OK.

Method 4: Install Motherboard’s latest chipset drivers

You can try installing the latest chipset drivers for the Motherboard so that the USB device will be recognized. Please visit the support site of the computer manufacturer to install the latest chipset drivers.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use USB camera

1. Unable to use USB camera - Similar Threads - Unable USB camera

2. iam unable to use my camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iam unable to use my camera: unable to use my camera plz support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iam-unable-to-use-my-camera/a00c9531-ceaa-42b5-b7ac-385954631de5
  3. iam unable to use my camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iam unable to use my camera: unable to use my camera plz support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iam-unable-to-use-my-camera/a00c9531-ceaa-42b5-b7ac-385954631de5
  4. Unable to use Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use Camera: I am unable to use the device camera. It got stopped suddenly and not getting on. please suggest a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-camera/ff5ac7b6-a72a-4caa-bace-917eed8e9e2e
  5. Unable to use Camera

Unable to use Camera: I am unable to use the device camera. It got stopped suddenly and not getting on. please suggest a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-camera/ff5ac7b6-a72a-4caa-bace-917eed8e9e2e
  6. Unable to use usb ports.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use usb ports.: My computer isn't recognising any flash drives, phones connected through USB. Yet I am able to use a USB keyboard and a 2.4G wireless mouse. This is happening for almost 2 years from now. I have tried everything from uninstalling my drives and reinstalling them, updating my...
  7. Unable to use microsoft camera

Unable to use microsoft camera: Unable to use Microsoft camera on mac laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-microsoft-camera/68d9a088-c1ff-48ee-97ef-c078336d98e5
  8. Unable to update windows, or use camera

Unable to update windows, or use camera: Hi, I recently bought a camera that doesnt need software apparently and it doesn't seem to work on any program i run, only the microphone. I checked if I needed to update windows but it keep loading and loading but nothing ever happens, also my windows defender is unable to...
  9. Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10

Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10: I have a USB camera that is working in Skype and Zoom, but when I open the Camera App, I do not see a way to switch to that camera. I have checked in settings. Any advice would be appreciated. 140620
  10. Unable to use Microscope camera

Unable to use Microscope camera: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...