Windows 10: Unable to use USB Floppy Drive

Discus and support Unable to use USB Floppy Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am really hope I can get some help with this. I have two different USB floppy drives that will not work on either my desktop, or my laptop. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dragun50, Jun 27, 2019.

1. dragun50 Win User

Unable to use USB Floppy Drive

I am really hope I can get some help with this. I have two different USB floppy drives that will not work on either my desktop, or my laptop.

I am running version 1903 on the desktop, while I have the latest Preview on the laptop.

The strangest part is that the drive is seen in the device manager of both machines, but not in Windows Explorer.

Here it the last thing, They work just fine in my Surface 2. It is running Windows 10 version 1903.

So from all that I think there is something with the other two, but no idea as to what.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to where to go to fix the issue?

Thanks

:)

dragun50, Jun 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB Floppy Drive not working

Hi Willard,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

The issue could occur if the USB Floppy driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried checking in another computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to update to update TEAC USB Floppy drive and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Disk Drives.

4. Right click on the USB Floppy driver and click on Update driver software.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Support for non-USB Floppy Drives in Windows 10

I have a USB device and used the old instruction for windows 7 and it seems to work

In this day and age, with the fact that most new pc’s do not have floppy drives anymore, as a tech, I still find times where bring out an old reliable floppy is my best way to resolve a problem. Many people still have some “classic” tools that
    are on floppy, or documents or pictures saved on floppy (Before CDRW/DVDRW drives became the norm, floppy disks were the way to store and transfer files).

The problem is that many of the Floppy drives do not have drivers or “official” support for Windows Vista or Windows 7. This post covers just such an issue. I use an Iomega USB drive, and whenever I plug it into my Windows 7 pc’s, I get a message
    that Windows can’t find a driver for my device.

Here are some simple steps to get your drive to work with Vista or W7.

1) When you install the drive you will get the message that your drive needs to find drivers. Just hit Cancel

2) Go to start –> Control Panel –> System –> Device Manager

(Example from Windows 7, Vista may look a little different)

3) When the Device Manager opens you will see a listing for X1DE-USB with a Yellow triangle next to it under Other Devices. On that line item right mouse click (NOTE IM SAYING RIGHT MOUSE) and then select Update Driver software and left mouse
    click (NOTE THAT I SAID LEFT)

4) Now select Browse my computer for driver software

5) Now select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and click on Next

6) Now you will get a box to select your device type from list, click on “Show All Devices” and click on Next

7) In the following window, for the box on the left select NEC Systems, and then on the right select NEC USB Floppy then click on Next

8 ) You will be told by Windows that “Installing this device driver is not recommended…..” its ok just click on Yes to continue.

9) Lastly you will be told that Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

Now if you look at the Device Manager you will see the listing for Floppy disk drive – Citizen X1DE.

Finally if you look in the My Computer icon, you will see the A: drive listed for your floppy drive

With that you now have a working Floppy USB drive.

Micheal Morris 2, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Unable to use USB Floppy Drive

Windows 10 USB Floppy Drive not working

I have a TEAC FD-05PUB USB Floppy Drive which was working with Windows 7.

Now with Windows 10, the Floppy Drive is "seen" by the system and has installed the SONY-FDU USB Device and its states that "This Device is working Properly".

However, when I insert a floppy, the Floppy Drive tries to continually read the disk as if there is a fault with the disk. I have tried several disks and non are recognised. Before anybody asks, I have tried these disks on another machine and they work OK.

When I remove the disk from the Floppy Drive, the Floppy Drive still seems to want to access the disk even though there is not one in the drive - the green light on the front of the drive turns on repeatedly and you can hear the motor spin. Sounds like an
    issue with the SONY driver to me.

I have tried to look for a suitable driver on the web but am a bit dubious about some of the sites that come up. I have even tried to get Windows to load a different driver but I'm unable to get a list of Floppy Drives to appear when I ask to do an "Update
    Driver Software" within Device Manager.

Anybody any ideas on what to do next?

Alistair

ajmcfarlane, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to use USB Floppy Drive

1. Unable to use USB Floppy Drive - Similar Threads - Unable USB Floppy

2. USB Floppy drive not showing up on file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Floppy drive not showing up on file explorer: I have had years of frustration with my USB floppy drives not showing up in windows explorer. I had been using the 'fast finger' technique to get it up in the half second or so after it is connected. Tonight I failed at that and out of frustration I typed A: in the search box...
  3. External floppy drive

External floppy drive: Will Microsoft ever come out with a driver to support external floppy drives for windows 10 pro? What have you done to windows 10 & 10 pro? So so many people want a answer. * Moved from Mobile Devices...
  4. USB floppy drive not working on Windows 10

USB floppy drive not working on Windows 10: So, I recently got a USB floppy drive for my old mac and I thought I could share data with floppy disks, but when I plug in the floppy drive and insert a floppy disk, it wouldn't recognize it. So, I went to device manger, and it said: This device cannot start. Code 10...
  5. USB Floppy Drive

USB Floppy Drive: I have a USB floppy drive that I cannot connect to my desktop. This PC is running Windows 10. In addition this drive is seen in the device Manager but not in the Windows Explorer...
  6. USB floppy drive not recognized in File Explorer

USB floppy drive not recognized in File Explorer: Please Help! Brand new TEAC USB FLOPPY DRIVE “Location is not available” “A: is not accessible The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted.” is there any solution for this?...
  7. The use of an external USB Floppy Drive with Win 10

The use of an external USB Floppy Drive with Win 10: After reading all the recommended procedures here for getting a USB Floppy Drive to work in Win 10 including the remove and reinstall drivers i have come to the following conclusions: 1- the system search ONLY yields that the drivers are current 2- removing drivers in the...
  8. Windows Explorer Won't Recognize USB Floppy "A" drive.

Windows Explorer Won't Recognize USB Floppy "A" drive.: I have an external floppy "A" drive. When I plug it into a USB port, it will show up for a couple of seconds in Explorer. Then it will disappear and I can't find or read the drive. I have 2 PC's running Windows 10 and it does it on both. Also, I have a spare floppy "A" with...
  9. Iomega floppy disk usb drive

Iomega floppy disk usb drive: Hi. I would like to know whether I can use my old Iomega floppy disk usb drive under Windows 10. If yes, what should I do to perform the right steps towards an adequate installation of that drive. Rgs...
  10. Dos Program Wont use usb floppy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dos Program Wont use usb floppy: Hey everyone, I have a new pc, with windows 10 32 bit, running an old program based off MS-dos that wont recognize USB Floppy drive. Windows recognized the floppy and shows me all the files in the diskette/ but the dos program dosn't read the diskette This dos program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 64 bit fails to load proper usb floppy driver

2. 05pub usb teac

3. unable to use a floppy disc

4. how to access my iomega drive,
  5. external install floppy drive windows 10,
  6. how to install external disk drive on lenovo windows 10,
  7. online floppy disk drivers,
  8. unable to read usb floppy drive windows 10,
  9. windows 2019 support usb floppy drive,
  10. x1de-usb driver win 10