Windows 10: Unable to use usb ports.

Discus and support Unable to use usb ports. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer isn't recognising any flash drives, phones connected through USB. Yet I am able to use a USB keyboard and a 2.4G wireless mouse. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Manjunadha93, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Unable to use usb ports.

My computer isn't recognising any flash drives, phones connected through USB. Yet I am able to use a USB keyboard and a 2.4G wireless mouse. This is happening for almost 2 years from now. I have tried everything from uninstalling my drives and reinstalling them, updating my drivers through third-party updater to even resetting my windows, yet nothing seems to be working. If any of you any idea why this is happening, please share it.

Thanks.

:)

Manjunadha93, Oct 21, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Unable to use usb ports. [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Oct 21, 2020
  3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Unable to use usb ports.

USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use usb ports.

1. Unable to use usb ports. - Similar Threads - Unable usb ports

2. Unable to detect windows xbox controller using USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to detect windows xbox controller using USB port: I am trying to connect my windows Xbox controller to my PC running on Windows 10. Earlier it would detect but since a recent windows update the controller is not getting detected. The controller does vibrate when I plug it in but the light on the controller doesn't glow. I...
  3. Unable to use USB camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use USB camera: I have installed windows media feature pack of N & KN version. In the device manager I see the message that tells me my Camera Driver is updated and camera device is working properly. Issues: 1. When I try to open Windows Camera, it says "Please install Windows Media...
  4. USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  5. USB ports

USB ports: When I plug in my power cord to my laptop it is saying "the usb port you just installed is not working." I'm not plugging in to a usb port so I don't know why it is saying this and why it will not work now with the power cord plugged in....
  6. How to only use USB port for power?

How to only use USB port for power?: Hi! I have this little USB fan that I love having at my desk to keep me cool sometimes and it's perfect for how it connects to my PC and extends itself with a coil-like extension. Unfortunately, I believe because it's cheap, it has some issues with Windows. When I have it...
  7. Unable to use TCP ports above 49728

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use TCP ports above 49728: Hi guys, I originally saw this issue within a Node.js app, but I've replicated it in a basic winsock TCP server example as well. Ever since the latest Windows Update, I'm unable to use ports above 49728 in my applications. I get access denied errors when I try to bond....
  8. installing programs using usb port

installing programs using usb port: I need direction on installing a program onto my laptop using a usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-programs-using-usb-port/401a1cc0-88f7-4370-ba4d-0300cd9d29ff
  9. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. currently using Windows 10 Build 1809 AMD Radeon R9 M360 121468
  10. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. 121468