Windows 10: Unable to use USMT scanstate.exe on Windows 10 2004 build

Discus and support Unable to use USMT scanstate.exe on Windows 10 2004 build in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to use the USMT tool to migrate a user from a local user profile over to a domain profile on the same local machine however I have become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheRusseller98, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Unable to use USMT scanstate.exe on Windows 10 2004 build

I am trying to use the USMT tool to migrate a user from a local user profile over to a domain profile on the same local machine however I have become somewhat stuck at the first hurdle when trying to run the scanstate.exe command, the below error is being returned to me;

SCANSTATE.EXE Version 10.0.19041

C 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Log messages are being sent to 'C:\Program Files x86\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\User State Migration Tool\x86\scanstate.log'

Running 32-Bit process on a 64-Bit system is not supported.

Failed.

Compliance check failure; please check the logs for details

ScanState return code: 36

I was originally doing my testing for using USMT to complete this task on VM's on my Hyper-V infrastructure to understand whether this may be an issue with running the migration on VM's however I get the same results on a Windows 10 2004 physical machine as well.

Could you please advise how to resolve as I have over 200 windows 10 client machines which need to be joined to our corporate domain and local user profiles migrated to their new domain profiles?

:)

TheRusseller98, Sep 21, 2020

2. USMT user migration

I am having a little trouble getting a user migration to complete successfully. I am trying to upgrade a PC from Windows 10 pro (build 1607) x86 to x64. I understand and have no problem with installing the
    x64 version and applications from scratch. My problem is getting all the user info migrated over. I learned the hard way that Windows 10 does not have the Easy Transfer Tool, so I am forced to use the USMT found in Windows AIK for windows 10.

I have used the USMT once before and it was not pretty to say the least. Is there anything out there that can guide me through the process of running USMT successfully or can anyone help? Last time I tried
    to use it, nothing worked for me. This time, I kept getting loadstate return code 11 or 71. Per technet, I know
    code 11 is invalid parameters and code 71 has to do with operating environment. Both have multiple possibilities and I am not sure how to . I believe I used the correct syntax. The commands I used
    are as follows. I added general output status and return codes.

No logs are created.

Unable to use USMT scanstate.exe on Windows 10 2004 build bdd8c36d-ca2a-44f4-b82d-5579074642df.jpg

I am working on a domain admin account, Migration store has full admin permissions and the new install is a domain member with all apps installed with only domain and local admin accounts when I tried to load
    the user info.

Any ideas what may be going wrong?

Edit: screen shot added

Nightspear ô¿-, Sep 21, 2020
  3. mike908 Win User
    USMT 10 - issues with profile when migrating from Win7 to Win10

Hello,

Has anyone used USMT 10 to migrate from Win7 to Win10?

I have used USMT successfully in the past to move WinXP (32-bit) to Win7 Pro (64-bit). I downloaded the new ADK to get the v10 tools. I now have USMT 10 and was practicing the migration of Win7 Pro 64-bit users to Win10 Enterprise 64-bit. Just for completeness, I also tried Win7 Enterprise 64-bit -> USMT -> Win10 Enterprise 64-bit. The results were the same.

I have used the original MIG XML files previously and they did what I needed, so I intended to do the same here. My XML files are unmodified at this point, but I tried with a few modifications aimed at not bringing over Start Menu (shared & user specific) *.LNK files.I have had this failure with both the "no LNK files" and stock XML versions. I tested and the migration logs (scanstate and loadstate) both claim no error in the migration process. Reviewing the logs I see no critical errors or warnings.

The problem is that following the migration, the profiles that were migrated cannot use Start Menu, Cortana/Search, Notification Area (Action Center), or right click any icon pinned to the Taskbar. SearchUI.exe appears to not be running when I review Task Manager -> Details. Cortana is not listed under Processes.

A new user - someone who logs on without a migrated profile - is created properly and they work normally. Existing users - the tech profile that existed prior to the migration - work fine. It is only a failure within the migrated profiles. I have tried the suggested Start Menu repair actions (the Get-AppXPackage / AppXManifest.xml process) and multiple other suggestions. Nothing seems to repair this, and since I can create a new profile successfully or use a non-migrated existing profile, I have to believe it's a flaw in what I'm doing with USMT.

My scanstate script is: scanstate.exe \\system\migration_folder /i:migapp.xml /i:migdocs.xml /o /uel:90 /l:C:\scanstate.log /v:13

My loadstate script is: loadstate.exe \\system\migration_folder /i:migapp.xml /i:c:\intel\usmtfiles\miguser.xml /l:C:\loadstatelog /v:13

mike908, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Unable to use USMT scanstate.exe on Windows 10 2004 build

Windows 10 new Reset feature ?

Hi

MSDN page suggests that

Source : Deploy push-button reset features using ScanState (Windows Drivers)

Anshad Edavana, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use USMT scanstate.exe on Windows 10 2004 build

1. Unable to use USMT scanstate.exe on Windows 10 2004 build - Similar Threads - Unable USMT scanstate

2. SCCM and USMT

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM and USMT: Have just succeeded in setting up a State migration point on our SCCM and after that got USMT to make user profile backup and restore on the reinstalled PC.According to the log everything is OK and User data and desktop is there but hardly anything else , not even my Edge...
  3. Windows 10 Building 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Building 2004: My computer upgraded to Windows 10 Building 2004. Now each time I reboot I, need to reinstall the drivers for my cellular device; otherwise, the cellular device will not connect and the computer indicates that there is no service....
  4. AcroRd32.exe not working with Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AcroRd32.exe not working with Windows 10 2004: Our Navision based ERP software has been using a built-in Acrobat Reader for ages. It is really old, as in version 4.05 but the last one that could be used for such purpose without worrying about licensing. With the release of Windows 10 feature update 2004 the application...
  5. Windows 10 Build 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Build 2004: Anyone good with windows? I just installed Windows 10 build 2004 so i could enable ray tracing in warcraft and when playing the frames are all jacked with or without ray tracing and this was for wow and a few other games I play! i disabled vysnc enabled vysnc i turned off...
  6. Unable to mirror screen using "Your Phone" app on Windows 10 Home Edition build 2004 and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to mirror screen using "Your Phone" app on Windows 10 Home Edition build 2004 and...: Hi, There are two laptops with "Your Phone" app installed and an S10+ running Android 10 with "Link to Windows" pre-installed and running the latest version of the app on all devices. 1. Thinkpad T440s using Intel 7260 Wifi Card + Bluetooth 4.0 2. Yoga 900 using Intel 8260...
  7. Unable to reset PC Insider Build 2004

Unable to reset PC Insider Build 2004: I am trying to reset my PC after scanning system files with CMD. sfc/scannow found corrupted files and was unable to repair, so I wanted to reset my computer to a stable release build of Windows 10. However, I got an error message saying "There was a problem resetting your...
  8. Windows 10 Build 2004

Windows 10 Build 2004: every time i try to install the update i get the error 0xc19001e2... how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-build-2004/06515840-3515-4907-8b36-56ccef64b022
  9. Windows 10 Build 2004 Unable to Install

Windows 10 Build 2004 Unable to Install: Hello, I was able to download and start the installation for the new 2004 build for Windows 10, but the installation has been failing several times, even after checking with DISM and SFC. I will post my rollback logs soon once this latest attempt is finished. I was getting...
  10. Is USMT Redistributable

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is USMT Redistributable: I am a developer and I am doing some research on this USMT tool. I was reading about the documentation for USMT seems to be interesting. Is this tool redistributable? Can I write a wrapper around this tool and do some research on the same?. Thought of developing something...