Windows 10: Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in

Discus and support Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm not sure why I cannot use my fingerprint or my face as a secure way to unlock my laptop. My laptop is ASUS VivoBook. ***Original title: sign in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CiaraMonaghan, May 20, 2020.

1. Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in

I'm not sure why I cannot use my fingerprint or my face as a secure way to unlock my laptop. My laptop is ASUS VivoBook.

***Original title: sign in options***

:)

CiaraMonaghan, May 20, 2020

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 20, 2020
  3. Face sign in is missing in windows hello

Hi Suvajit,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to change the Sign In option and check if it helps.

To change Sign In option, follow the below steps.

• Type Setting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Select Sign In option on the left panel.

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 20, 2020
  4. Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in

windows hello

Hello,

Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Windows 10 devices with just a look or touch.

You can change the Windows Hello settings by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, you can change and choose the way you want to sign-in.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in

1. Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in - Similar Threads - Unable Hello feature

2. Windows 11 Hello Sign in Features not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hello Sign in Features not working: My fingerprint sign in and facial sign are not working. The message says that this feature is not available as there is no compatible finger print sensor. I have tried almost all solutions available online. Please someone with exact issue to respond with solution....
  3. Windows 11 Hello Sign in Features not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Hello Sign in Features not working: My fingerprint sign in and facial sign are not working. The message says that this feature is not available as there is no compatible finger print sensor. I have tried almost all solutions available online. Please someone with exact issue to respond with solution....
  4. Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello: Hi All,I'm having an issue attempting to setup Windows Hello PIN within my organization. I have attempted to configure in both GPO and MDM Intune. I attempted both separately and together as I know there is a possiablily for conflict when configuring in both. In GPO on both...
  5. Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello: Hi All,I'm having an issue attempting to setup Windows Hello PIN within my organization. I have attempted to configure in both GPO and MDM Intune. I attempted both separately and together as I know there is a possiablily for conflict when configuring in both. In GPO on both...
  6. Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint

Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi, I use Windows Hello Fingerprint to log into my laptop. Recently, whenever I put my finger on the scanner, it would say "Your PIN is required to sign in." I did some digging on the internet, and one source said that I should set Credential Manager vaultsvc to automatic....
  8. Unable to login using Windows Hello!

Unable to login using Windows Hello!: Hi, When I purchased my HP Z Book Studio G5, I was able to login using either my fingerprint or my face. But after sometime, I think after some Windows update both features stopped working soWindows Hello Face or Windows Hello Fingerprint does not show up anymore during...
  9. Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am unable to use windows hello fingerprint after installing my new windows 10. I have checked every options and contacted to Microsoft support as well. It was working fine for couple of days after installing the Windows 10. See below for error code. [ATTACH]...
  10. Sign-in using windows hello.

Sign-in using windows hello.: I cannot select windows hello sign-in options. How can I fix that? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-using-windows-hello/dc1a4f89-5fa4-4416-9b43-04af4880b3db