Windows 10: Unable to use windows updates and more apps

Discus and support Unable to use windows updates and more apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the latest cumulative update of .Net on 30 july I have been unable to open windows update and unable to use microsoft store for installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rohit KumarSahu, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Unable to use windows updates and more apps

After the latest cumulative update of .Net on 30 july I have been unable to open windows update and unable to use microsoft store for installing something new or updating the pre existing apps. I am also unable to download updates on my antivirus too.

:)

Rohit KumarSahu, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 6, 2020
  3. I am still frozen out of several apps and the store thus unable to download any more apps.

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• Which all steps did you try to resolve this issue?
    • What exactly did you re-install when you say "I have tried to re-install several times with the same result"?
    • Which all apps are you facing issues with?
    • Did the same issue occur with different user account as well?

For now try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Windows App Troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Unable to use windows updates and more apps

Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you face an issue with a particular\ all apps?

As you have issue with the store downloading apps, try to run these inbuilt troubleshooters.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.

and

Follow the same steps to use the Windows update troubleshooter.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Unable to use windows updates and more apps

1. Unable to use windows updates and more apps - Similar Threads - Unable updates more

2. unable to use photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to use photo app: My Windows Photo app is not working at all. All pictures shows black image and sometimes it hangs and closes the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-photo-app/6c880da1-b0ab-4524-bfed-40f4700b05bb
  3. unable to use photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to use photo app: My Windows Photo app is not working at all. All pictures shows black image and sometimes it hangs and closes the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-photo-app/6c880da1-b0ab-4524-bfed-40f4700b05bb
  4. Unable to download, this app requires more space.

Unable to download, this app requires more space.: Hi,I recently purchased Forza Horizon 5 off the Microsoft Store and am experiencing issues with downloading. I want to download it on my D: drive, which has 300GB free, 200GB more than required. I have it set to install new apps and games on my D: drive in settings, yet I'm...
  5. Unable to download, this app requires more space.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download, this app requires more space.: Hi,I recently purchased Forza Horizon 5 off the Microsoft Store and am experiencing issues with downloading. I want to download it on my D: drive, which has 300GB free, 200GB more than required. I have it set to install new apps and games on my D: drive in settings, yet I'm...
  6. Unable to download, this app requires more space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unable to use windows beyond opening apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use windows beyond opening apps: See YouTube video below.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux_3GbLw9PYThis just started happening to my wife's computer out of nowhere. No idea why, nothing has changed with her PC prior to this happening. I reinstalled Windows and it is still happening....
  8. Unable to use windows beyond opening apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to use windows beyond opening apps: See YouTube video below.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux_3GbLw9PYThis just started happening to my wife's computer out of nowhere. No idea why, nothing has changed with her PC prior to this happening. I reinstalled Windows and it is still happening....
  9. RAM use more and more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM use more and more: Ram is consuming more and more altough i have 8 gb of ram. Even there is no program running or any high usage program is not running then also RAM stay above 6.8 or 7.1out of 7.9. Please help me in fixing this issue....
  10. Unable to use keyboard in Windows apps

Unable to use keyboard in Windows apps: Hello, I just recently began to have an issue typing and using the mouse pad of my computer on Windows-based apps. I've been able to type just fine in the past, and it seems like this is only affecting apps that come with Windows 10 (I've been able to use my keyboard just...